Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Good level makers need inquire.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KRoNoS

Hello,

Ever wanted to play Dark Forces in Deathmatch?
Well, if you are I need a good level editor to 'mimic'
the original Dark forces levels, But... Also have
modified levels for deathmatch use.

I am a long time Doomer and editor and have re-created
the Dark Forces physics and weapon handling for Zdoom
Just about everything from Dark Forces is in there and there
are no Bugs due to my testing.

So... If you like Dark Forces, Like making levels and want
to play DF in deathmatch as well give us a Buzz!

Old Post 07-04-03 05:21 #
KRoNoS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

fp, props to trolls, argument about new projects and screenshots and all that jazz.

Welcome to the forums. =)

Old Post 07-04-03 08:28 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

KRoNoS, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Old Post 07-04-03 12:44 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

The Ultimate DooMer said:
KRoNoS, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Bastard, I was about to do that. :P

Old Post 07-04-03 13:15 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

As stated above...it seems as if we got over five hundred thousand projects in the works...give us some visuals man!

Cadman - Mmeber TeamTNT

I'm a DoomGod! (Yeah, right!!)

Old Post 07-04-03 13:35 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

How exactly have you got the physics in there? Has it got it's own executable or something?

Anyway, avaliable mappers are thin on the ground here, but good luck to you.

RUST

Old Post 07-04-03 14:28 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Alright a little feedback, Ok.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm pretty new to this forum stuff not to the doomer scene though. I'll see what I can do and get some screenshots going, and possibly a taste of whats been done.

Old Post 07-05-03 03:24 #
KRoNoS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Alright I've got the screenies ready to go, but how do I add these things as a link?

Old Post 07-05-03 03:27 #
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

[url]*INSERT URL OF YOUR PAGE HERE*[/url]

Old Post 07-05-03 03:34 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Hmmm... Don't have one, yet... Uh, suggestions?

Old Post 07-05-03 03:50 #
KRoNoS

Okay, what if I sent the screenies to somebody's e-mail and they could post 'em?

Old Post 07-05-03 03:57 #
KRoNoS

ToxicFluff... The elements of Dark Forces are physics, Movement speeds, Jumping weapon handling and enemies yes? Well this is what I mean.

Old Post 07-05-03 05:02 #
Nanami
not a woman

Grazza said:
[url]*INSERT URL OF YOUR PAGE HERE*[/url]

Actually, the forum software will toss in the tags itself if you put in a website-looking thing.

Old Post 07-05-03 18:13 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

True, but it gets it wrong sometimes (e.g., if there's punctuation around it) and some people might have deselected the "automatically parse urls" thingy.

Anyway KRoNoS, if you don't have a website, then your best chance is if some nice person offers to host them for you.

Old Post 07-05-03 18:32 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

I could host a few screenies, but I don't have the time to make a complex website, and I use Geocities, so half the time the page isn't available anyway, and at anytime, I may have to take them off, but other than that, yeah. samuel.horwitz@verizon.net

EDIT: Oh yeah, I would only have the screenies in a list, and it wouldn't look to nice.

Old Post 07-05-03 20:34 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

insertwackynamehere said:
I could host a few screenies, but I don't have the time to make a complex website, and I use Geocities, so half the time the page isn't available anyway

Just create an html page with all the screenies on it, and it'll load up fine.

Old Post 07-05-03 21:05 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Hmmm... Stuffed if I know... What about Front Page Express?

Old Post 07-06-03 02:17 #
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

KronoS, the DFDScreens.rar, that you emailed me, don't seem to have anything zipped in them.

Old Post 07-06-03 14:27 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Alright, I'll try again, sorry about that 'insertwhackynamehere' ...

Hmmm... it's been a bit of a while, been gone for a couple of days so HELLO to all. Editing stuff at work is a bit of a bitch so I'll continue on weekends.

- Doom, Quality Deathmatch since 1995.

Last edited by KRoNoS on 07-08-03 at 05:08

Old Post 07-08-03 04:56 #
KRoNoS

Alright 'insertwhackynamehere' I've tried sending them... uncompressed this time let us know when you've got 'em and whether they work fine.

- Doom, Quality Deathmatch since 1995.

Last edited by KRoNoS on 07-08-03 at 05:09

Old Post 07-08-03 05:03 #
KRoNoS

Thanks to 'insertwhackynamehere' he's set up a site to host the screenshots, nice one Sam!

See them here!
http://www.geocities.com/insertwack...FD/screens.html

Old Post 07-09-03 01:50 #