Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Nhfl EP II: what to have in it..

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

Ok bofore anyone puts the BEFORE YOU ASK FOR HELP ON YOUR MEGA-COOL PORJECT..Tag in. Know that I am not asking for help. Just what you guys would like to see in this project...

So with that out of the way..Please tell me any thoughts any of you may have..

P.S: If you want screenshots anyway..go here: http://www.aldp.vze.com

Old Post 07-06-03 00:54 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

National Hockey/Football League aka NHL meets NFL. I like! ;-)

On topic: Looks good!

Hold on, EPISODE 1 STYLE!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E1 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 07-06-03 02:01 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
engineer
what

I'd say a mix of E1 and E2.. a hell transition of sorts.....

perhaps a hangar/storage facility in a level, destroyed lab complex, ect. for another....

Old Post 07-06-03 02:37 #
engineer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

engineer said:
I'd say a mix of E1 and E2.. a hell transition of sorts.....

perhaps a hangar/storage facility in a level, destroyed lab complex, ect. for another....

No Hope for Life ep1 was all about doom1. This one should feature Doom2 styled levels!! (and judging from the screens shots it is, so I for one am happy)

Old Post 07-06-03 04:38 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Ok.. NHFL Ep II will be DOOM 2 project.. Sorry, NHFL 1 was Doom 1. So this one most likely will not be much like E1 style. That was what NHFL Ep 1 was all about. Again sorry that I didn't metion that fact, but it was my call. And the fact that I have never done a Doom 2 project.
So please keep this in mind.

Old Post 07-06-03 06:36 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Personally I'm starting to find that large projects without any new textures/flats or music seem a bit boring nowadays, probably because I've seen all the default graphics and heard the default music so many times before :)

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 07-06-03 11:16 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Aleaver said:
Ok.. NHFL Ep II will be DOOM 2 project..

Well, given what you just said, this is likely redundant, but I am increasingly warming to Episode 2 themed levels.

To me the concept of Ep2 is a really good one that perhaps wasn't realised quite as well as it could have been in the original game. Since then there have been a few maps that do the theme justice (notably by Pablo Diccter) but I think there is certainly room for the theme to be explored further.

Old Post 07-06-03 11:25 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote