Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > List of E1 Levels

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I've been on a E1 style level binge for the past couple of days, if anyone would be kind enough to provide a list of really good E1 levels (for Doom1), I would be highly grateful. ;)

Old Post 07-13-03 13:46 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chris Hansen
(used to be c-cooper)

FP!

I've got a list of good ones in the bottom of my CH Retro section of The DooMer's RecesS, found right here http://home13.inet.tele.dk/CNH/CH_Retro_Ep.htm

...and CH Retro Episode of course.

Old Post 07-13-03 14:03 #
Chris Hansen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

Promoting ourselves, are we? Hmmmmmmmmm? ;)
Thanks Chris.

Old Post 07-13-03 14:08 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

Just one problem: There's no direct link to download the full CH_Retro wad. I have the CH_Retro_new.wad but I'd really like the full one.

Old Post 07-13-03 14:23 #
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Brad Spencer also has an extensive list of E1 style wads.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 07-13-03 14:35 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

I have two..
Timelessness and Indifference.

Get them here: http://www.aldp.vze.com
If you haven't already played them.

Old Post 07-13-03 16:22 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

Aleaver, what of your No Hope For Life? You forgot that. I have played both Timelessness and Indifference and consider them to be very well done.

Old Post 07-13-03 17:10 #
Chris Hansen
(used to be c-cooper)

DooMBoy said:
Just one problem: There's no direct link to download the full CH_Retro wad. I have the CH_Retro_new.wad but I'd really like the full one.

Yes, there is. It is just not on that page. The CH Retro page is dedicated only to CH Retro Episode. The other file you're looking for is the very first CH Retro level I made. You can find both that and the new one on the Levels page. Confusing? Well, let me break it down for ya:

CH Retro (CH_Retro.wad) = one sp level.

CH Retro New (CH_Retro_new.wad) = new version of the above.

CH Retro Episode (retroeps.wad) = 9 level episode with the above as E1M6.

Old Post 07-13-03 17:30 #
Chris Hansen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

Yeah, I got it now ;) I have all three now, and I must say that all three are well done E1 levels. Good job Chris.

Old Post 07-13-03 19:43 #
ReX

DooMBoy said:
... if anyone would be kind enough to provide a list of really good E1 levels (for Doom1), I would be highly grateful. ;)
Have you tried the wads submitted for DooM Center's E1 Contest? Some of them are really good. (For the life of me I can't locate it on DoomWorld's idGames Archive.)

Old Post 07-14-03 02:28 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

That WAD wasn't uploaded to the Archive, although some authors independently did upload their maps. The WAD was at Doomcenter only, and the ZIP didn't contain any documentation (found only at the site in HTML.)

http://www28.brinkster.com/mykdoom/...4_e1contest.zip

And now Doomcenter is dead...

So if anyone can list the authors it would be cool. Another recent E1 style WAD that I can think of is Enjay's njtoss17 (that map he made in an evening or so.)

Old Post 07-14-03 05:01 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Never_Again
knows his birth month

The Return To Phobos episode by Michael Kelsey (return01.zip). The first complete E1 clone and not any worse than the much better known Fava Beans (that I like a lot, too).

Old Post 07-14-03 18:49 #
Never_Again is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

I have return01, and it's pretty meh. Just average IMO. Fava Beans, on the other hand, is a lot better and fairly fun to play.

Old Post 07-14-03 23:02 #