Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > DN Final Boss/Help Needed
What should DN's final boss's name be?
Fallen Templar
Scion of Hell
The Ascendant
The Gatekeeper
The Guardian
The Soul Reaver
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Melfice

Okay, the final boss for DN (Dark Nexus) is going to be a completely new boss, however, the team is having an extremely hard time deciding on a name for it. So, I want you guys here at Wads and Mods to use your good judgment and choose a name from this poll. Note that the creature is very demonic looking. I would post the concept painting, but I'm really trying to keep it secret.

Also, we're in a great need for someone who believes they would beable to draw sprites based on a concept painting and beable to get that sprite to match the caliber of the Doom64 sprites. So I'm also asking anyone who can help us to post here, because unfortunately, no one currently on the team is capable of drawing sprites :(.

You're part of a forum of a bunch of elitists who 1. hate console systems, 2. will beat you when they think you're dumb to the point of leaving and 3. like to argue, a lot, and no one man can be the winner because there's a huge mass of fanboys frequenting this forum. :) Have a nice stay!

Old Post 08-14-03 19:44 #
Melfice is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Scion of Hell sounds pretty 1337.

Old Post 08-14-03 19:49 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Gatekeeper

Old Post 08-14-03 19:51 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melfice

Ah screw it, I never was any good at keeping secrets. Aside from that, if you see the concept painting it may help you vote:

http://meathead.dmhgames.ath.cx/DNBoss.gif

You're part of a forum of a bunch of elitists who 1. hate console systems, 2. will beat you when they think you're dumb to the point of leaving and 3. like to argue, a lot, and no one man can be the winner because there's a huge mass of fanboys frequenting this forum. :) Have a nice stay!

Last edited by Melfice on 08-14-03 at 20:38

Old Post 08-14-03 19:53 #
Melfice is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Electro
Natural Born Joker

*plays some boss music*

The guardian

Old Post 08-14-03 20:10 #
Electro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Grimsmoke the Unholy

Goldwyrm the Wretched

The Warsmith

Joe

Old Post 08-14-03 20:25 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Apollyon - The Destroyer

Old Post 08-14-03 20:30 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grimm

Scion of Hell, no doubt.

The Baron replacement for Rebirth looks exactly like that--why not use it?

Old Post 08-14-03 20:33 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Draconio
Ack! Ack! Ack!

The Ascendant sounds cool.

Old Post 08-14-03 20:33 #
Draconio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

"darknation"

Old Post 08-14-03 20:35 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melfice

Grimm said:
The Baron replacement for Rebirth looks exactly like that--why not use it?

Unfortunately, I don't like using things that are already used in projects. Plus, it has to fit into the Doom64 TC's palette, which is a modified one, as you know.

Old Post 08-14-03 20:36 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Soul Reaver sounds leet.

Old Post 08-14-03 23:50 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goaxis
Mini-Member

I vote scone

Old Post 08-15-03 01:17 #
goaxis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Why not make a giant blob that shoots homing missiles? Oh wait.. that was the original Doom64 boss.

I think I'll have fun using that baby as a regular monster. Bwahahaha

Old Post 08-15-03 17:30 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alexz721
Forum Regular

I will call him...

*heavenly chord*

BOB!

Edit: Actually, it should probably be a hellish chord. :P

PM me if you have an idea.

Old Post 08-15-03 18:37 #
alexz721 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Why not just call it the Fallen Angel which is that demon's real name..?

Old Post 08-15-03 18:52 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

what about, The General Demon.

If you don't find any to make the sprites, a convertion of The Icon of Sin into DOOM 64 style of monsters would be very cool anyway. Not to mention a new spider boss (stronger than the Spidermastermaind).

It should be nice if you use an "episode based system", like in The Ultimate DOOM.

How is DOOM revisited going on?

Old Post 08-15-03 19:39 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melfice

DooM Revisited is half done, I've done the first two episodes, and are doing the last two episodes.

Agent Spork said:
Fallen Angel

I'm afraid you're wrong. This is a Fallen Angel

The previously posted demon is yet to be named.

Old Post 08-15-03 20:23 #
Grimm

She's hot. :PPP

Who drew that? We need more cool pic o' teh day pics.

Old Post 08-15-03 22:17 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melfice

I believe that Fallen Angel was drawn by Matthew D. Wilson.

Old Post 08-16-03 01:41 #
BlackFyre
Mini-Member

I have to go with Avatar of Pain. It's unique.

The Crow

Old Post 08-16-03 04:01 #
BlackFyre is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

yeah i chose avatar of pain as well. scion of hell is good too, but i think i'd prefer a unique name for a unique monster.

Old Post 08-16-03 07:13 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Draconio
Ack! Ack! Ack!

Heh, no one likes Fallen Templar.

Old Post 08-16-03 07:38 #
Draconio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

Draconio said:
Heh, no one likes Fallen Templar.
someone will give it a pity vote eventually =P

Old Post 08-16-03 07:58 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

sargebaldy said:
someone will give it a pity vote eventually =P
No way. I voted for it because it's best!

Old Post 08-16-03 08:26 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

Soul Reaver

Old Post 08-16-03 17:33 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

Melfice said:
DooM Revisited is half done, I've done the first two episodes, and are doing the last two episodes.

I'm afraid you're wrong. This is a Fallen Angel

The previously posted demon is yet to be named.

The Fallen Angel is another name for Satan, because before he betrayed God, he was a 6-winged Angel, or Seraph which is the top kind of God's Angels.

EDIT:
Types of Angels:

The First Sphere, heavenly counselors:
Seraphim
Cherubim
Thrones

Second Sphere, heavenly governors:
Dominions
Virtues
Powers

Third Sphere, heavenly messengers.
Principalities
Archangels
Angels

Last edited by insertwackynamehere on 08-16-03 at 17:54

Old Post 08-16-03 17:46 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Flange Peddler

'Soul Reaver' reminds me too much of that Vampiric Tombraider-esque game of the same name.

Old Post 08-16-03 17:52 #
The Flange Peddler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melfice

Thanks for the list Insertwhackynamehere. I can now use that for several things, including the project I plan on after DN (Which would be Dark Nexus II: Alien Damnation).

Old Post 08-16-03 18:20 #
Grimm

yeah i chose avatar of pain as well.

Heh, I wonder if that's a Magic card. Serra's Avatar and Avatar of Woe rock!

Uh, insertwackynamehere, why do you know that? :)

Old Post 08-17-03 02:27 #