Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Which add-ons?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Arielus
Green Marine

Hello DOOM community,

This is my first post here at the DOOMWorld Forums. I'm not new with DOOM... in fact, I've been playing the game since it came out back then in 1993. Having been absent for quite a while, I've just returned to the scene, and I'd like you to lend me a hand here with something.

All I wanna do now is play DOOM TCs, and I'd really download them all if I could; however, it's not possible due to time limits now. So, what I would like you people to do for me is to suggest which add-ons I should download. Could you please tell me what a real DOOMer, proud to be one, ought to have? Which are the essential add-ons nowadays? Which TCs would you recommend this 'not-new-but-a-bit-outdated DOOM lover?

Before you answer, I only have to say that I've already have every single TeamTNT's product, along with Eternal DOOM 3, by the mentioned team and Team Eternal... But I'm assuming there must be tons of other add-ons to choose from, am I right?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ariel.

Old Post 08-24-03 23:02 #
Arielus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

http://legacy.newdoom.com

http://zdaemon.org

http://zdoom.org

http://www.doomsdayhq.com

also, check my signature too for useful stuff

Last edited by Glaice on 08-24-03 at 23:22

Old Post 08-24-03 23:17 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Wads and Mods would be the right forum for this - the Questions Forum is really for questions that have clear-cut answers.

This topic has been discussed many times before. If you do a forum search for favourite megawad, you will find plenty of recommendations.

Old Post 08-24-03 23:44 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arielus
Green Marine

Thanks for replying so quickly! Those links you gently wrote all lead, ultimately, to different engines, right? That's cool, because it's nice to see the game in 640x480, or even in 800x600; not to mention all the other advantages that these ports offer.

However, I meant add-ons. You know, TCs. Games to be played with any version of DOOM, including new graphics, new levels, music, etcetera.

Anyway, thanks again for answering so fast!

Ariel.

Old Post 08-24-03 23:49 #
Arielus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arielus
Green Marine

True, true, true. I should've posted this somewhere else. Thanks again, I'll head for the section you stated. Bye!

Ariel.

Old Post 08-24-03 23:51 #
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Grazza said:
If you do a forum search for favourite megawad, you will find plenty of recommendations.
You should probably also try favorite without the 'u'. :P You could as well search for favorite mod, conversion, TC, add-on.

Old Post 08-25-03 01:36 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Arielus said:
True, true, true. I should've posted this somewhere else. Thanks again, I'll head for the section you stated. Bye!

Ariel.

No no no, don't do that, the mods will see that it is moved over.

Old Post 08-25-03 01:37 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Wow, two double posts in a row...

Anyway...try here and here

Old Post 08-25-03 01:40 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Ultraviolet said:
No no no, don't do that, the mods will see that it is moved over.
Yes they will.

Old Post 08-25-03 19:04 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Ultraviolet said:
You should probably also try favorite without the 'u'. :P
Actually, I had tried them both, and searching for it with the 'u' seemed to give slightly more relevant results, but with a very large overlap of course. Most relevant threads contain these two words, and with both spellings.

Oh, and now that this is in Wads and Mods...
HR, AV, STRAIN, 2002ADO, Equinox, Eternal, Requiem, MM, MM2, Icarus, HR2, Scythe, TVR!, H2H-Xmas, Icarus. In roughly that order. And I listed my favourite episodes here.

Last edited by Grazza on 08-25-03 at 21:39

Old Post 08-25-03 21:28 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arielus
Green Marine

Yes, due to my anxiety, I didn't really tried to search for topics related to what I was looking for. Instead, I simply fired my question. Sorry for that. Next time, I'll take the time to see whether there's already an answer for what I've got in mind before bothering you guys.

Anyway, thank you very much once more for your quick and kind replies. The first impression I get from them is that this is a superb, helpful and polite community, and I'm deeply happy for that.

I have already started downloading some of the recommendations you've made throughtout all the threads like the one I uselessly started here, and I must say I see why they're among your favourites.

Alien Vendetta looks like an outstanding add-on, since many of you have voted it. I've tried it a bit and it's pretty sweet in my opinion, let's see what happens as the levels go by... It's gonna be a hard task for it to beat the marvellous TeamTNT's 'Icarus - Alien Vanguard', though! :-)

Stay cool!

Ariel.

Old Post 08-26-03 16:42 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

My sig has some good wads in it (although they're not TC's - but then, neither are a lot of the wads in the 'favourites' threads).

Old Post 08-26-03 23:06 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

I think Arielus's posts have made it clear that by "TC", he means megawad. Fragport and Hacx (21 levels) should be tagged onto the list I gave. And one of the Icaruses should be removed. <:/

Old Post 08-26-03 23:30 #