Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > My First DM Map

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cyber-menace

I've tried out Doom Builder and came out by making my first DM map. I think it's pretty darn good compared to most of my levels so...

Click here to check it out! Please come back and give me your opinion on the level, Negative or Positive I don't care.

If you need anymore info just consult the txt file inside the zip. Oh yes and it's for Doom 2, not Zdoom lol.

EDIT: I fixed a small bug in the map. It should be fine now.

Last edited by cyber-menace on 08-27-03 at 20:36

Old Post 08-27-03 19:35 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gherkin
Travel Agent (call for special prices on Hell, Purgatory, Hades, and AGM's Bedroom)

The trees look fantasy-like (I like mordeth's trees better), but other than that its cool. Large map it is for DM, gotta play this with at least 8 players I think.

You have a bug tho:
Near the plateau with the stairs from 4 side, the south-east walls wearing middle-texture "ROCK5" are marked "Double Sided" but they dont have a second sidedef. (this explains why Doom Builder's 3D mode gives you black view for everything behind this wall)

Old Post 08-27-03 20:15 #
Gherkin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Gherkin, the map has ~30 sectors without lines (reports ZDoom). So it's not only with my map. Heh.

Old Post 08-27-03 20:20 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

Ok that explains one of the holes i saw. The reason for the lines and all was becase I never found a way to delete unused secotors, lines, etc. with Doom Builder. I'll have to fix those errors and send The Ultimate Doomer an e-mail to delete the older version of this map from the incoming folder.

Old Post 08-27-03 20:30 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

cyber-menace said:
I'll have to fix those errors and send The Ultimate Doomer an e-mail to delete the older version of this map from the incoming folder.

I think mailing Ty Halderman will be more successful ;)

Old Post 08-27-03 20:32 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

OK then what's his e-mail address?

Old Post 08-27-03 20:35 #
boris
meow

cyber-menace said:
OK then what's his e-mail address?

http://www.doomworld.com/vbmisc/faq.html#nstf3

Old Post 08-27-03 20:42 #
cyber-menace

Ok thanks! I sent him an e-mail. Now about those lines... they do show up, but I don't have an editor to remove them with. I usually use Deepsea, and WadAuthor and they don't create this problem. It's not really a problem anyways... so I'm not going to bother with it.

Old Post 08-27-03 21:03 #
Gherkin
Travel Agent (call for special prices on Hell, Purgatory, Hades, and AGM's Bedroom)

Just remove the Double Sided flag from the lines and your done, heh.

Old Post 08-27-03 21:10 #
Gherkin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

No I fixed that. I mean the lines with no textures... the lines from my deleted secotors... only Deepsea can fix them, but the maps way to big.

Old Post 08-27-03 22:06 #
cyber-menace

Ok, I fixed the other 6 errors in my map (2 unclosed sectors, and four onsided lines with two sidedefs) So now it's in perfect condition and uploaded to newstuff!

Old Post 08-28-03 13:48 #