Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Who Else Is Making Doom Builder Wads?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sargebaldy
not arioch

engineer said:
Mr. Chris: Looks like you're re-making Map31.
ouch =P

Old Post 09-12-03 06:27 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
engineer
what

Not really. I like Map31/Wolf3d.

Old Post 09-12-03 06:30 #
engineer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

The whiteness hurts my eyes X_X

:/

Old Post 09-13-03 12:34 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

pics gone

n/m

Last edited by Glaice on 09-14-03 at 22:45

Old Post 09-14-03 00:43 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Something I'm working on

Old Post 10-04-03 00:21 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

Looks interesting Spork but I think the lights might look better if they were a biy higher.

Old Post 10-15-03 02:36 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

hmmm... I just may use this editor for Spear of Destiny :SE TC...

depending on how well it works for Zdoom that is.

Old Post 10-15-03 03:55 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

I've moved over to DB for Rust, because of the easier texturing and quicker edit method than WA. Also, editing level scripts is easier in DB because you don't have to bother with add_fs.exe.

RUST

Old Post 10-15-03 12:26 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Tormentor667 said:
Consequence: Back to the roots (ZETH)

Uh, yeah... son, ZETH is the tool, all my maps are done in ZETH (or DETH for vanilla play... like the map I gave for Doom Enigma)

Old Post 10-15-03 13:53 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

DoomBuilder beats DeepSeas fake software untextured 3D, but it has an editing style and feeling la Deepsea (draw-lines or whatever you call it). I like the ZETH method (put vertices, mark them, press Insert) more, so I only use DB for aligning textures along Y.

Old Post 10-15-03 15:02 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

ToXiCFLUFF said:
I've moved over to DB for Rust, because of the easier texturing and quicker edit method than WA. Also, editing level scripts is easier in DB because you don't have to bother with add_fs.exe.

I can't wait for Rust to get done. How far along are you with that by the way? Haven't seen you around in awhile.....

DB is a god-send and I'm flying around Vile changing stuff as we speak. ;) Gotta love Doom Builder's 3d mode extravaganza.

Old Post 10-16-03 00:56 #
toxicfluff

Doom Dude said:

I can't wait for Rust to get done. How far along are you with that by the way? Haven't seen you around in awhile.....

DB is a god-send and I'm flying around Vile changing stuff as we speak. ;) Gotta love Doom Builder's 3d mode extravaganza.

Agreed on DB.

Well, I've been moving house, and couldn't get the net back for a few months (which was a beneficial thing as far as progress on Rust is concerned - we've talked before on how the net is like a cancer for editing disipline) but Rust is going well. I'm getting closer to releasing the first map now - there's quite a lot to do in it, but it's basically a teaser.

RUST

Old Post 10-16-03 01:19 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

Grrr.. mangled post.

RUST

Last edited by toxicfluff on 10-20-03 at 13:21

Old Post 10-16-03 01:21 #
Melfice

Shit.

I was supposed to be in hiatus from Doom mapping. Now Dani's screenshot has made me want to get out my Doom stuff again >:E

You're part of a forum of a bunch of elitists who 1. hate console systems, 2. will beat you when they think you're dumb to the point of leaving and 3. like to argue, a lot, and no one man can be the winner because there's a huge mass of fanboys frequenting this forum. :) Have a nice stay!

Old Post 10-18-03 00:15 #
Melfice is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

hmmm.. well here's a shot of a skulltag ctf map i started on last night with db and nami joined in to help on today.

btw it's team fortress style :D
http://oregonstate.edu/~lloydo/ctfmap.png

Old Post 10-18-03 03:25 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nobbjob
Mini-Member

yeah ap_10.wad will be completed with Doom Builder. that makes it 1/2 WA and 1/2 DB. its big map and if you use Doom Builder sensibly and dont try to do anything too outrageous, then its quite reliable and user friendly

Old Post 10-19-03 12:39 #
nobbjob is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

I do belive the question is now a bit redundant, as DB is beginning to become a norm for lots of mappers now. Especially me. Gherking has a bunch of converts now. :P

Old Post 10-19-03 13:52 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melfice

Finally and editor that DooMers can agree on! (oh that was so cleche)

Rather than the arguments about the old and outdated and crappy WadAuthor versus the overprice, overcluttered mess that is DeePsea, we can agree that Doom Builder is teh best!

You're part of a forum of a bunch of elitists who 1. hate console systems, 2. will beat you when they think you're dumb to the point of leaving and 3. like to argue, a lot, and no one man can be the winner because there's a huge mass of fanboys frequenting this forum. :) Have a nice stay!

Old Post 10-19-03 17:43 #
Melfice is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zell
old woman nuts are cool

becuase of doom builder, i have been able to add details to my maps I thought i would haver be able to do! I always made things in WA...which can be to say slow. Now, with DB and its build style, I can get maps done 3x faster :D

I DONT HAVE A FETISH WITH OLD WOMENS NUTS!

Old Post 10-19-03 20:09 #
Zell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nobbjob
Mini-Member

speed? I cant say that it is any faster than WA, and I would still say that WA is at this point more user friendly. but for basic-midrange geometry and reliability in such, DB is great. I find texturing in DB at this stage far slower than in WA especially.

Old Post 10-20-03 11:50 #
nobbjob is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote