Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

Doom64 TC version 2.1.8 released

This version has been updated to be fully playable in the latest Doomsday 1.7.12 release, which can be found here

unfortunately users will have to download the entire installer again.

you can either head to Doom Depot or my site to get the latest version of the TC.

NOTE: Do not download from the Halobunker mirror as it still contains an old version. (Please let me know if that link was updated)

NOTE more confusing stuff:
if you download the TC from doom2.net's mirror, then be sure to download this patch that fixes a small bug in 2.1.8 but you do not need to download this if you decide to get the TC from the fourwind server mirror.

here's a list of changes done to 2.1.8

9-8-03

+ Rocket fires more faster - True to its n64 counterpart
+ Jumping can now be enabled after player completes map38 (a very dumb reward)
+ Map38: Halo removed, replaced with Hectic. - Accessed from Map32
+ Automap updated to be compatible with Doomsday 1.7.12
+ map30 gate closing script fixed
+ map01, map02, map16, map22 light level has been darken a bit more due to unusual texture shading not working properly.
+ map01 - swinging light room is more darker
+ added cfg file for Doom Builder Users
+ added new fonts for automap status display

please let me know if you come across any bugs. thanks.

+ Jumping can now be enabled after player completes map38 (a very dumb reward)

That's what YOU think

EDIT : just noticed some HOM in Map01, in the room with the light and all the demons. It's when you first enter the door, it's on the side, you'll see it.

*i'm a dummy when it comes to programming mechanics*

Do i have to download the (new) tc all over again or just the patch (if any).

BBG said:

EDIT : just noticed some HOM in Map01, in the room with the light and all the demons. It's when you first enter the door, it's on the side, you'll see it.

yeah, very annoying. Its some dumb bug caused by Doomsday's new rendering system.

I've threw that wad to glbsp, zennode, recompiled it and still doesn't seem to help...
I've told Skyjake about this.

Does this patch fix some really bothersome bugs or does it just add the jump feature and fix some minor things?

I sure don't feel like downloading the whole thing again just to be able to activate jumping (who needs it?) and to have it fix some small graphical flaws I never notice - my current version of the TC runs fine :-)

well, if you want to play the TC with the newest Doomsday 1.7.12, then yes, download the entire tc again. The patch is for users who already have 1.7.12 and if they downloaded the whole tc from Doom2.net. This patch will have no effect on your current version.

Right now, the only serious bug that is fixed if you download the whole TC is that map30 script that just won't work. (monsters become stuck, not allowing the final boss fight to happen)

but other than that, are added features like enemies appearing as red in the automap, faster rocket, and map38 replacement, and the Doomsday 1.7.12 compatibility.

I'll see if I can make a patch wad or something so it can be used with 1.7.12 without having to download the entire TC. Although the user will have to combine the patch wad and the main wad him/herself with a editor/tool.

I just played the Doom64 game yesterday, you guys did a great job on it.
Especially the intro from the game.