Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doom Wad Station Wad Project

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zell
old woman nuts are cool

Well, A few boys over at doom wad station and me are working on a project. We need help - GFX artists, Music Composers, and im nto sure, but i think map editors. Here is what we have so far, including the story.

How about this idea? It's a thought for a prequel. There's familiarity in it but a few twists.

IN the year 5023, the UAC owns the monopoly in shipping and interplanetary import/export. The technology of Light Speed has been implemented and the shipping lanes are on fire with the UAC now looking into the possiblity of deep space exploration.

in 5030, the first deep space explorer ship, the INTREPID ventures out to NGC 200, a globular group in the Antares Sector (made that up too). They return six years later with a startling discovery. They have found the remanants of an alien civilization... with teleport technology.

The UAC, in its ambition to dominate all venues of transport, create their first functional teleport by using 'backward technology' on the Moon. They create a receiving teleport on the Earth in New Los Angeles. The initial test worked, but when the test subject materialized on Earth, it was at another location buried deep in the earth below La Brea Tar Pits. He was rescued, and a new ruins was found below the surface; a set of ruins resembling the Inca tribes in Mexico, but much more advanced, AND, they are just like the ruins found in the Antares Sector!

It is discovered that mankind has evolved from a mother race offworld, and that all civilization developed from a penal colony planted here on Earth via their teleport technology. The name of this mother race is the "Gigtites".

Further investigation reveals that the Gigtites were exterminated by a powerful archenemy called the 'Shaduuk' or 'Shadow Things'. They killed the Gigtites and stole their technology. The word 'shaduuk' later translates into 'realms of shadow' or'hell'.

By using the new technology, the UAC brings upon the Earth a chain of events that can be described only as Armageddon. The Shaduuk find our world and begin the invasion. many outposts and penal colonies on neighboring worlds have been obliterated. Earth is on the brink of total destruction. Many soldiers have been mustered and sent out to the infiltrated colonies in hopes to find and destroy the source for the Shaduuk threat. Now, a crack team of marines have been sent to New Los Angeles to enter the original teleport, (after the UAC managed to find a reverse frequency) in hopes of landing on the Shduuk home world.

Here are the maps we have finished currently.

I DONT HAVE A FETISH WITH OLD WOMENS NUTS!

Old Post 09-17-03 01:40 #
Zell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Zell, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

sorry, I always wanted to do that.

Old Post 09-17-03 01:53 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zell
old woman nuts are cool

^_^ ill have to ask the other guys first at doom wad station..this cuold be a few days :P :P :P (they don't respond at the fastest rate always :P )

Old Post 09-17-03 01:54 #
Zell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PumpkinSmasher

Sounds like a cool project.

Old Post 09-18-03 22:00 #
PumpkinSmasher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Zell said:
Gigtites
Looks kinda like 'Bigtits' =P

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 09-18-03 22:10 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Draconio
Ack! Ack! Ack!

The year 5030? That seems to be a bit distant to fit Doom unless you're making a TC. I would think that if we're still around that far in the future, weapons like shotguns and chainguns would be as obsolete as bronze axes and flint arrows are today. Unless, of course, our technology gets set back (or prevented from advancing in the first place), which the prospect of interstellar travel doesn't indicate.

But then, I suppose it's sci-fi... most people probably wouldn't care.

Old Post 09-18-03 22:30 #
Draconio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
5hfifty
I've been weinered ;)

Why does everything set in the future happen at the turn of a millenium? What's wrong with 5451 or 5673? Why 5030? What about 2X06?!

Old Post 09-18-03 22:45 #
5hfifty is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Draconio
Ack! Ack! Ack!

5hfifty said:
What about 2X06?!

Heh, didn't the Mega Man games take place in "20XX"?

Old Post 09-18-03 22:55 #
Draconio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zell
old woman nuts are cool

ok, in a few minutes i will have a zip contatining aroun 60 screenshots i took of maps 1, 3, and 10. It comes out at a wopping 6 megs. (i have to upload it to somewhere XD )

Old Post 09-19-03 00:30 #
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

Sounds rado mo dado so far. :D

5hfifty said:
What about 2X06?!
Stinkoman in 20X6! :D

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 09-19-03 00:34 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zell
old woman nuts are cool

ok just click the link in my name, Doom Wad Station Wad, and it is on the openging page, in the box that says screenies. Enjoy! ^_^

Old Post 09-19-03 00:41 #
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

It appears that Geocities' data transfer limit is reached halfway through downloading that file, meaning it's actually impossible to download an uncorrupted version :(

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 09-19-03 09:45 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zell
old woman nuts are cool

=/ son of a bitch..well i make a new account and load em up. Check back at aroun 4:15 est time.

Old Post 09-19-03 11:05 #
boris
meow

You have an awfully long sig.

Old Post 09-19-03 13:29 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zell
old woman nuts are cool

how much should i shorten it?

Old Post 09-19-03 19:11 #
Torn
google is your master

Zell said:
how much should i shorten it?

So it is max 6lines or less. And if it were me, I would remove until there were only the urls left, but it is up to you.

Old Post 09-19-03 19:33 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote