Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

slige modification contest

Usually i just browse this forum to look for interesting stuff, but maybe i can help a little here.
Instead of uploading the wads to people, you only need to post their "seed" number. When you create a level with slige, it tells you the seed number:

SLIGE (build 485)   -- by Dave Chess, dmchess@aol.com

Seed: 1506090782
Loading SLIGE.CFG...
Loaded.
To recreate a copy of the entire wad, you just need to tell it the seed again, like:
slige -seed 1506090782
But now it's too late :D

ok, my map's done. I sent it to your hotmail address Baldy. Probably the fastest map I've ever made (or rather modified). This doombuilder thingie certainly makes editing faster than that old windeu I always insisted on using before this map :P

I'm not going to be able to finish my map since DeePsea quit working correctly, and now I can't map until I get a replacement. Oh, and there's this.

How about extending the deadline a few days more? I'm kind of busy IRL...
What's the rush anyway, i thought we were doing all 32 maps, but only few maps have been assigned so far..?

we're not going to force 32 maps, just do as many as people are willing to do. i did extend the deadline to tuesday @ 4pm GMT, or tomorrow night if you live in the US.

i may decide to extend it a bit more if people still aren't ready by then.

so how's it coming along people?

It's coming along fine.
BTW, I didn't edit the level very much, because the levels in my megawad were pretty good quality(for SLIGE). Just some monster and item placement. I'll send it to your hotmail in a couple of hours.

I just started. I've been busy all week.

I'm doing a major overhaul on this map. Lot's of work. :P

Baldy! i got my map done, just sent it to your mail. Let me know if you didn't get it.
So, for me, the tomorrows deadline is just fine now. :)

i liked it a lot :) some interesting stuff in there and it was just generally enjoyable. very much in contrast to the slige map it was based on :P

hey guys you've hit the deadline. i know i never make deadlines but i'm going to want to upload the set by tommorow night. i have: flange peddler's, espi's, nanami's, and stoned's. i have mephisto00's too but i asked for a revision, although i haven't got any response back on that.

scarecrow, ravage, assmaster, deathz0r? how's it coming along?

Bah this sucks. I'm almost 1/5 done. I've been busy for the past two weeks, and I haven't gotten much time off. I guess I'm not gonna make it.

Well, I could tell from your email, sargebaldy that you didn't like my level much. So i made some major changes to add much detail in big empty rooms, removed unneccesary things, and balanced ammo and health. I hope you haven't uploaded the whole pack yet...

i can describe my situation in one word:

fuck.

i've not been too busy, but my internet at home is messed up, so i haven't been able to get online except when i'm at a place without a messed up internet (like now, when i'm at work). plus i only got about halfway done, though it seems like it'd be easy since almost everything was already done for me. :(

sorry about that.

nah it's ok. it definitely can be a lot of work since although most of the work is done, it takes a lot of time to REDO areas that look like poo. i already uploaded the wad so yeah, if you're half done you could always spiff it up and use it for something else. hate to see a lot of a work go completely to waste :/

Yeah, I guess I'm out this time. I'll prolly get back to work on my map sometime next week. I gots me one hell of an english assignment keeping me from my map. Whee.

Are there any more maps? This seems like a pretty cool project, I'd work on one if there is one open.

sargebaldy said:

for some goddamn reason, it got refused to the archives. anyway, you can find it here: http://oregonstate.edu/~lloydo/revamped.zip

It makes sense if you think about it. I mean, completely revamped slige maps that really don't look like slige are clearly worse than maps like the one in last week's newstuff that have 6000 stolen sprites from various mods that disallow... permission of... those sprites... wait that's actually really retarded.