Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > I made a new map!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cyb

hooray! you need the following:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12227
http://www.zdoom.org/files/lars/48.cab
http://cyb.vect.org:8080/misc/fmod.zip

replace the fmod.dll in 48.cab with the one in fmod.zip (otherwise the music won't work). It will also run with the very latest version of Skulltag (no new fmod.dll needed) and the latest public beta of ZDoomGL (also no need for a new fmod.dll) (though the latest ZDoomGL beta still has a few bugs and isn't 100% up to source with 2.0.48 yet).

Old Post 10-24-03 18:42 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Torn
google is your master

OMG!

Old Post 10-24-03 19:10 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Szymanski

I'm stuck :(

Last edited by Szymanski on 10-24-03 at 19:57

Old Post 10-24-03 19:15 #
Szymanski is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grimm

HOLY SHIT, RANDY RELEASED 48.CAB!!!!!!! I was being to think he forgot, or something. There better be an assload of new stuff. Anyway, your maps are usually good, so I'll check it out.

Old Post 10-24-03 20:08 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Agent Spork
Warming Up

That is *******ely one of the most interesting maps I've played in quite a while. Really annoying, but yet it is really neat at the same time.

This map kinda reminds me of American McGee's Alice.

(OMG ZDOOM 2.48!!!)

Old Post 10-24-03 22:17 #
Agent Spork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

Agent Spork said:
This map kinda reminds me of American McGee's Alice.

Indeed, and I thought Doom seemed surreal at one point, but this is simply amazing. The new zdoom really lets your imagination run wild and I can't wait to see what else results from it.

Old Post 10-24-03 22:52 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyb

heh, from the text file:

This map draws influence from three main sources:

Alice - the game by American McGee and co at Rogue, mainly the look
and overall weirdness of the map, and Alice was also what got me started
making this map and it was the original title of it as well.
http://alice.ea.com/

Old Post 10-24-03 23:14 #
sargebaldy
not arioch

yeah it's a good map. very trippy. definitely got that alice feel to it too.

Old Post 10-25-03 00:03 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

[21:30] <ravagefox> cyb your map molests my sanity

Old Post 10-25-03 01:17 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

Damnit. And I just released a new version of my Dark Imp too that I was going to get you to use.

http://nami.mancubus.net/images/ass.png <=-As you can see, this is ass
http://nami.mancubus.net/images/notass.png <=-And this is not ass

Old Post 10-25-03 02:13 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dunbar
Official Lizardcommando Fanboy

One of the best ZDoom wads I've played. Very trippy, and very unique! I hope more mappers realize how surreal they can make their maps with this new version of ZDoom.

Not last place. Ding!

Old Post 10-25-03 05:06 #
Dunbar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hirogen2

Best mixing of Doom action and Hexen puzzling.

Old Post 10-25-03 10:11 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

Really nice map. The jumping is annoying though :P

Old Post 10-25-03 10:25 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grimm

Heh, did you ever take a look at that Cavern Imp I made, Nanami?

Old Post 10-26-03 00:15 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

I don't think so. Can I see a sprite of it?

Old Post 10-26-03 00:20 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scuba Steve

I Love Cyb.

Truthfully my favorite mapper ever. Makes me wish I could do that scripting thing and stuff.

Old Post 10-26-03 00:27 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grimm

Yeah, but Cyb wishes he could do that gun drawing thing. :P

I'll e-mail it to you, Nanami, as I dun have anywhere to put it.

Old Post 10-26-03 01:08 #
geekmarine

Wow, if only Cyb and Scuba Steve had a kid... It'd be the ultimate Doom modder! Wow, that really rocks. I really love the trippiness, bjut it's very difficult, and I wasn't able to finish it.

People who use correct grammar and punctuation are actually AndrewB trying to pretend he is a woman named Nanami.

Old Post 10-26-03 01:32 #
geekmarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chilvence
Master Procrastinator

Its a really cool map, but those jumping sections gave me flashbacks to when I wanted to throw my sega megadrive against a wall. Mainly because next to all other games, doomguy walks as if he's on rollerskates.

Old Post 10-26-03 06:19 #
chilvence is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyb

http://doom.vect.org:8080/other/cybvoid.zip there's a slightly cheated -nomonsters demo (I used mdk on all the monsters since they're spawned) I make most of the jumps (I missed one, but it's fortunate I know the script to puke which gets you out of dieing if you fall :P ), and I die at the end before I can get to the boss room, but you get the idea. Recorded with ZDoom 2.0.49 but it stays in sync with 2.0.50 so use that if you want as well

btw scuba steve is cool and all, and his sprites rock, but the love we share is more like the love a man has for a fine cuban cigar. yes I have been drinking, but I'm not that drunk (and I like to think I can never get that drunk :P )

Old Post 10-26-03 06:56 #
ellmo
Custom Title

Damn Cyb, I had my own Idea of creating a completely weird map (that was few days after I stopped playing Clive Barker's Undying), but... omigosh, If I ever had it finished, it wouldn't be fucked up this much =)

Old Post 10-26-03 09:38 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chilvence
Master Procrastinator

Just allow it to inspire you.. then I can have more cool wierd maps.

Old Post 10-26-03 13:49 #
chilvence is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Agent Spork
Warming Up

That's.. an interesting demo.

Old Post 10-26-03 14:41 #
Agent Spork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cactus
rhymes with Moebius

i enjoyed,i want more levels like this

Old Post 10-26-03 22:59 #
cactus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Agent Spork
Warming Up

Review..

Old Post 10-27-03 02:34 #
Scuba Steve

So... you're saying Cyb that the love I feel for you isn't mutual?

Old Post 10-27-03 03:44 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyb

I don't like this ride, it's scary, I want off!

Old Post 10-27-03 04:51 #