Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > citadel.wad

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stoned

Anyone know where i could get citadel.wad ?
At least i think the filename was citadel.wad, as far as i can remember on the txt-file the level was called Citadel anyway.
It's a very old (95-96) doom2 wad that was once on the PC Gamer magazine cd. Remember them? Back then when Doom was the biggest and the best (well, it still is...) they always had a collection of the latest (but usually not the greatest except for one or two) pwads on the cd.
Anyway, unfortunately i don't have that cd anymore and i can't seem to find that wad anywhere...
If anyone has an idea... Thanks!

Old Post 10-31-03 22:18 #
stoned is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Never_Again
knows his birth month

I have two matches:

CITADEL.WAD is a conversion of a '94 DOOM WAD by Jim Flynn - you're better off playing the original.
CITADEL2.WAD is by Tim (The Timinator) Ash from '95 and available in idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/a-c/ on DOOM FTPs.

Old Post 11-01-03 15:43 #
Never_Again is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

And is that wad by Jim Flynn available anywhere?

I guess that as he got better at mapping he felt it was too much of an early work to upload it to the archive or to keep at his page.

Old Post 11-01-03 16:34 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stoned

Nope, none of those. It wasn't by Flynn and it was different anyway. It was some other author and it was completely his own work.

Old Post 11-01-03 17:41 #
stoned is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Here's a DOOM II wad called Citadel2.

Old Post 11-01-03 21:56 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stoned

Thanks, but it's not that one either.

Who knows, maybe it was never even uploaded online, just released on that cd...

Old Post 11-01-03 22:51 #