Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arielus

Alternative Master Levels

Hello people,

Over the years, I've read several comments about The Master Levels for DOOM 2, and overall, they have not been very good. Not many DOOMers seem to like these 20 WAD files very much, and some even believe they are junk. I've tried them myself, and I think some are nice, and some are not that nice...

I was thinking... Maybe this will sound dumb to you, but I felt like proposing a hypothetical situation here and see what comes up. It's actually a poll, and probably pretty similar to many other polls already proposed, but what the hell... :-)

Suppose you could make a trip back in time and release The Master Levels for DOOM 2 yourselves. To add some greed to the whole thing, suppose you could also make some profit out of it, but this last thing would depend only on how good the final product really turns out...

The question is, what 20 maps would you take inside the time machine?
Which maps would you have liked The Master Levels for DOOM 2 to include? Imagine you could take any map, from any mod; any map from any DOOM 2 mod in existence. Which ones would they be?

Don't feel forced to name 20 maps right in one single post, because I know it's too much. State them as they come into mind; I will think about mine and post soon. :-)

Ariel.

LOL! That island story is far better than mine, hehehehehe... Oh well... Anyway, you can still answer if you feel like... Or not. :-)

Ariel.

Actually, my purpose in that thread was really just to ask which were people's favourite individual maps. I have a feeling that it would have got a better response if I had simply asked that.

I found it impossible to limit my selection to 20 maps then, so I probably can't do so now. Unless forced at gunpoint or something.

Oh well, nevermind boys, hehehe... Crappy poll this of mine, don't worry. :-)

I'm gonna go check the island thread to see whether there's something I lack among the mods named there.

Ariel.