Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Alternative Master Levels

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Arielus
Green Marine

Hello people,

Over the years, I've read several comments about The Master Levels for DOOM 2, and overall, they have not been very good. Not many DOOMers seem to like these 20 WAD files very much, and some even believe they are junk. I've tried them myself, and I think some are nice, and some are not that nice...

I was thinking... Maybe this will sound dumb to you, but I felt like proposing a hypothetical situation here and see what comes up. It's actually a poll, and probably pretty similar to many other polls already proposed, but what the hell... :-)

Suppose you could make a trip back in time and release The Master Levels for DOOM 2 yourselves. To add some greed to the whole thing, suppose you could also make some profit out of it, but this last thing would depend only on how good the final product really turns out...

The question is, what 20 maps would you take inside the time machine?
Which maps would you have liked The Master Levels for DOOM 2 to include? Imagine you could take any map, from any mod; any map from any DOOM 2 mod in existence. Which ones would they be?

Don't feel forced to name 20 maps right in one single post, because I know it's too much. State them as they come into mind; I will think about mine and post soon. :-)

Ariel.

Old Post 11-04-03 20:18 #
Arielus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...&threadid=15636

(well, that one allowed 32 maps not 20 so some difference to this one)

Old Post 11-04-03 20:22 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arielus
Green Marine

LOL! That island story is far better than mine, hehehehehe... Oh well... Anyway, you can still answer if you feel like... Or not. :-)

Ariel.

Old Post 11-04-03 20:25 #
Arielus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Actually, my purpose in that thread was really just to ask which were people's favourite individual maps. I have a feeling that it would have got a better response if I had simply asked that.

I found it impossible to limit my selection to 20 maps then, so I probably can't do so now. Unless forced at gunpoint or something.

Old Post 11-04-03 20:43 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grimm

Given that it was like 1995 . . .

Old Post 11-05-03 00:14 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arielus
Green Marine

Oh well, nevermind boys, hehehe... Crappy poll this of mine, don't worry. :-)

I'm gonna go check the island thread to see whether there's something I lack among the mods named there.

Ariel.

Old Post 11-06-03 10:29 #