Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Botherhood of Ruin

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Igor9

Back in /newstuff #115, deathz0r really ripped up this wad. What do the rest say, yea or nay?

Old Post 11-25-03 03:07 #
Igor9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

I haven't seen the review but I liked the wad. It was a good mix of combat and exploration and it used an interesting temple atmosphere. Only downside was expecting 4 more levels because of the error in the text, but it was still a good 7-level episode. :)

Old Post 11-25-03 03:31 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Botherhood? Man, nobody values family these days! :P

Old Post 11-25-03 03:36 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Igor9

Hmm, I begin to realise after more readings of /newstuff that deathz0r is really harsh. Newstuff #106 was really funny :)

Old Post 11-25-03 03:47 #
Igor9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Assuming you mean "The Brotherhood of Ruin" (ruinbros), then the general consensus is that it is an excellent little episode, and it is by a well-respected and experienced mapper. It figures fairly often when people give lists of favourite wads.

I recommended it here too.

Rich has recorded demos on all seven maps.

Old Post 11-25-03 03:59 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyb

deathzor is just crazy, runibros is good stuff (a little cramped, yes, but there's always a way to back out of the cramped spots)

Old Post 11-25-03 04:46 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

Yeah, just ignore anything deathz0r says.

Old Post 11-25-03 05:05 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nobbjob
Mini-Member

I loved ruinbros when it was first released, havent played it much since, but I remember it was good value.

Old Post 11-25-03 09:21 #
nobbjob is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Erik

This wad is in my top 10 easily, due to the superb atmosphere and extremely original and well executed theme. The only downside is the slow gameplay if you are a shoot and run type of guy. If you like slow and careful play paired with the best atmosphere ever created in doom this is the best you can get.

Old Post 11-25-03 11:49 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Before we all go a shaming I would like to add that Deathz0r is actually is a quite decent /newstuff reviewer.

He just had a brief "primadonna" period where he would focus more on his own person and "precious review style" than the wads actually to be reviewed. Hopefully he seems to have gotten over it by now.

Old Post 11-25-03 13:13 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Igor9

deathz0r makes doomworld more interesting, I can almost imagine him stabbing the wads with a rusty kitchen knife screaming "WHY?! WHY!?!" Alot of the wads out there are quite difficult actually :(

Old Post 11-25-03 21:57 #