Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Vrack 3 is out!!!! Right on Fredrick!!!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ragnew

Just wanted to share the good, no, great news... The third installment in the Vrack series is now available... Maybe old news, but its new to me... So go grab it at either Fredricks place or 3darchives newstuff!!!

Laters,
Richie

Old Post 11-29-03 04:27 #
ragnew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ragnew

My Bad should be Fredrik, sorry about the mis-spelling man.

Laters,
Rich

Old Post 11-29-03 04:28 #
ragnew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chilvence
Master Procrastinator

And there was much slaughter of Mancubii, and the people did rejoice.

Old Post 11-29-03 09:31 #
chilvence is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Igor9

I'm still having nightmares from Vrack2.

Old Post 11-29-03 10:12 #
Igor9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chilvence
Master Procrastinator

Vrack2 is cute and fuzzy compared to this.

Old Post 11-29-03 11:50 #
chilvence is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

I don't think it's harder than Vrack 2. In fact only the laser maze (which has crappy gameplay - too many archviles, no ammo to fight with) the outdoor trap after the big room (very clever gameplay there - a long way to run for safety) and the end bit (which is tough but possible) are harder really, the rest is perfectly doable but by no means easy. (despite the crappy framerate I get in some places)

Either way it's extremely good, probably one of the better things I've played this year.

Old Post 11-29-03 13:09 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

The Ultimate DooMer said:
I don't think it's harder than Vrack 2. In fact only the laser maze (which has crappy gameplay - too many archviles, no ammo to fight with)

Don't play on UV then.

Old Post 11-29-03 15:02 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

It's nothing to do with skill (I handled the wad just fine), the fact is you need ammo to kill monsters, especially when a group of archviles is adding 30 to the monster count and blocking your way out.

Old Post 11-29-03 16:20 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

For that I'm gonna h4x0r the plasma rifle to be a little more powerful and a little faster, both in rate of fire and projectile speed. I think projectiles should be faster in Doom by default...

Yeow, can you imagine playing any of the Vrack series in UV -fast?

Old Post 11-29-03 16:37 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Fredrik, you make life difficult.

Old Post 11-29-03 16:50 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyb

every vrack map gets more and more gray

Old Post 11-29-03 17:22 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chilvence
Master Procrastinator

The Ultimate DooMer said:
In fact only the laser maze (which has crappy gameplay - too many archviles, no ammo to fight with)

Heh, well I knew what I was going to be in for, played on HMP, and didnt get no archviles in that bit. Just loads and loads of revenants - had to choreograph every movement to get the fireballs to swing into something solid....

And it could just be my memory, but I think I found Vrack 2 a lot lot easier to complete. For one there always seemed to be at least a little bit of cover on every section. Whereas this one, a few times it traps you in a place where you have nowhere to hide, forcing you to overwork your 1337 dodging skills.

Still enjoyed it though.

Old Post 11-29-03 22:30 #
Scuba Steve

Cyb said:
This is one of the best levels I've played. But I agree with Cyb a little here... some coloured variety would help... which is why I love the consoles so much, the blue and red are nice against all the silver.

Old Post 11-30-03 02:18 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Julian

Cyb said:

Damn, at first I didn't the r in the last word.

Old Post 11-30-03 03:20 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

Julian said:

Damn, at first I didn't the r in the last word.

Every vrack map gets more and more pink?

Old Post 11-30-03 13:31 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I downloaded it last night. It's pretty damn big, it looks damned nice, and it plays pretty decent.
But overall, I can't help but feel something is missing that would make it that much better...it's hard to put my finger on it.

Old Post 11-30-03 20:23 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

DooMBoy said:
I downloaded it last night. It's pretty damn big, it looks damned nice, and it plays pretty decent.
But overall, I can't help but feel something is missing that would make it that much better...it's hard to put my finger on it.

Color?

Old Post 11-30-03 20:52 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Yeah, there's a lot of gray and silver everywhere, but it's not just that. To be honest, after playing through and getting killed several times (on HMP, and at various points), I became bored with it.

Old Post 11-30-03 21:07 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

Ultraviolet said:
Yeow, can you imagine playing any of the Vrack series in UV -fast?
Chris Ratcliff recorded Vrack 2 with -fast, the demo's at the DSDA.

Old Post 12-02-03 22:27 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Igor9

Well there's a demo to give that new Eternity beta 4 a workout.

Old Post 12-03-03 14:29 #
Igor9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

After having completed it, I thihnk it's much shorter than the other two.

Old Post 12-03-03 14:43 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote