Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Heretic City Levels

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Heh, I was looking for some good Heretic city maps, in the style of Heretic's E1M4 and E1M5. Can anyone suggest a few?

Old Post 12-08-03 16:29 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

subriver
gulag e1m5
ichor e3m3
watrcity
some maps in mdomain1
some maps in dwarven

These are all I can think of right now.

Old Post 12-08-03 16:33 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Watrcity is probably the best one. The only other ones I can think of are Mdomain E1M5, Ichor E3M3 and Shadowcaster E5M4.

Old Post 12-08-03 17:45 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Speaking of Shadowcaster, I downloaded it today and went to play it with ZDoom. Currently I'm using (for Heretic) ZDoom 52.cab, mainly because any later cabs will knock Vile's Heretic skill 5 runs out of sync. When I went to load up ZDoom with Shadowcaster it gave me this message:
LANGUAGE had 575 strings.
This version of ZDoom expects it to have 576.

What's the deal? I remember playing it before with ZDoom with no problems.

Last edited by DooMBoy on 12-08-03 at 19:08

Old Post 12-08-03 18:53 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

The Ultimate DooMer said:
Shadowcaster E5M4.

If it wasn't for that awful wind I'D agree... :-D

Old Post 12-08-03 20:15 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

DooMBoy said:
Speaking of Shadowcaster, I downloaded it today and went to play it with ZDoom. Currently I'm using (for Heretic) ZDoom 52.cab, mainly because any later cabs will knock Vile's Heretic skill 5 runs out of sync. When I went to load up ZDoom with Shadowcaster it gave me this message:
LANGUAGE had 575 strings.
This version of ZDoom expects it to have 576.

What's the deal? I remember playing it before with ZDoom with no problems.

That's the red key stuff I put in - it has a language lump for the changed messages. A newer ZDoom's obviously broken it again. (works in 47 without trouble, and I haven't played it since the newer ones came in)

It should really support older language lumps.

/me goes off and asks Randy...

Old Post 12-08-03 21:49 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote