Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > need new sprites for a joke wad

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brad_tilf
Redemption! Bath in its pure Light!

I wanna do a map with new sprites using George Bush, Bill Clinton, etc... for the creatures. Anybody interested in doing the sprite work?
Email me at interleave1@earthlink.net

Old Post 12-11-03 14:45 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Great. Screenshots with US presidents being gunned down. The journalists will love that the next time they want to rehash the "Doom is evil!" crap.

Old Post 12-11-03 14:48 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Since it's going to be a joke wad, it darn well better be funny! :D

Old Post 12-11-03 15:12 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf

Grazza said:
Great. Screenshots with US presidents being gunned down. The journalists will love that the next time they want to rehash the "Doom is evil!" crap.

fuck the press

Old Post 12-11-03 15:53 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geekmarine

I tend to agree with Grazza here. Unless it is like the holy grail of teh funney, just don't even bother. Doom, despite being 10 years old, still gets blamed for all sorts of crap. Anyways, it'll either end up being hilarious or not funny at all, and there's nothing worse than something not funny that actually took work to make.

People who use correct grammar and punctuation are actually AndrewB trying to pretend he is a woman named Nanami.

Old Post 12-11-03 19:28 #
geekmarine is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Brad_tilf said:

fuck the press

then the press will fuck you. (right up)

Old Post 12-11-03 20:38 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf

The whole "Doom is evil" thing passed after columbine. I don't worry about it.

Old Post 12-11-03 21:52 #
Brad_tilf

geekmarine said:
I tend to agree with Grazza here. Unless it is like the holy grail of teh funney, just don't even bother. Doom, despite being 10 years old, still gets blamed for all sorts of crap. Anyways, it'll either end up being hilarious or not funny at all, and there's nothing worse than something not funny that actually took work to make.

I agree. It should be funny as hell. I'm thinking southpark style cutout looking sprites to start. I was also thinking of adding new sounds like when you shoot bill he could say "I did not have sex with that woman"
:-)

Old Post 12-11-03 21:59 #
jute
My avatar grips his belt rather tightly.

this isn't funny. it's just shit.

Old Post 12-12-03 22:49 #
jute is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dunbar
Official Lizardcommando Fanboy

The only funny thing about this is that you thought of it. I mean, it's so original! Bashing american presidents and various political figures.

I tip my hat to you, sir. You're on the verge of making the best wad ever.

Sarcasm? What sarcasm?

Old Post 12-12-03 22:56 #
Dunbar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Fact is, even if you had your president characters in there as NPC-type things that you can't even harm with any attack, they'd still say that the mod is about gunning down US presidents.

Old Post 12-12-03 22:58 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scuba Steve

Now, if you wanted to make a mod where you play as Vice president Dick Cheney, and you run around sabatoging other reconstruction firms doing missions for Haliburton, that would be great. You could call it "Haliburton Hootnany" or "Corruption" or just "Help Dick Get Rich"

Old Post 12-12-03 23:44 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

You could do a Chex Quest type of thing, where there's no blood and no shooting. Your weapon would deliver articles of impeachment, and the presidents wouldn't have death sequences or sounds, but would just sit down and start to sob. Or something.

It would still suck whale cock though.

Old Post 12-12-03 23:50 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Where is teh funney?

...Sorry, I always wanted to say that. :p

Lizard's Legacy, Lizard Squad, Lizardcommando, the Exterminator, and any other related materials are copyrighted to Cliff AKA Lizardcommando, so don't even think about using them without my permission!!!
Copyrighted 2000-2012

Old Post 12-12-03 23:53 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf

ya know, if I can't find somebody who knows HOW to do sprites I'll just end up doing the job myself and fucking it up royally and then it really WILL be funny.

Old Post 12-14-03 01:46 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

This is as dumb as that Doom for Columbine crap. Somebody close this thread up before it get's dumber.

Old Post 12-14-03 02:11 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf

BlackFish said:
This is as dumb as that Doom for Columbine crap. Somebody close this thread up before it get's dumber.

I just want somebody to do some sprites. Man, doesn't this country have an funnybone any longer? Are we so goddam paranoid of the government and the media that we can't poke a little fun at our elected officials and use them as a means of blowing off some steam without worrying that we might piss some asshole off who doesn't even have a clue?
I thought the Doom community was about independence and playing doom and having fun, not about paranoid delusions of media attention ala Columbine and worrying about the government getting all pissed off over a wad that means nothing that 99.999% of the people in the country would never see anyway unless the media made a big deal out of it. A wad like this could be alot of fun and poke some fun at the same time. Am I the only one here who could really give a shit what the media thinks or what the government thinks? I have rights. I have free speech. They can kiss my Libertarian ass.
Jesus, lighten up.

Old Post 12-14-03 02:28 #
Shockwav3
GAAAAAAAY SECKS!

Brad_tilf said:

... I was also thinking of adding new sounds like when you shoot bill he could say "I did not have sex with that woman"
:-)

president's shouldn't be gunned down!!! they should be made quizmasters!!! [see massmouth2's secret level, which was really hilarious]

Old Post 12-14-03 02:57 #
Shockwav3 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote