Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

need new sprites for a joke wad

Great. Screenshots with US presidents being gunned down. The journalists will love that the next time they want to rehash the "Doom is evil!" crap.

Since it's going to be a joke wad, it darn well better be funny! :D

Grazza said:

Great. Screenshots with US presidents being gunned down. The journalists will love that the next time they want to rehash the "Doom is evil!" crap.

fuck the press

I tend to agree with Grazza here. Unless it is like the holy grail of teh funney, just don't even bother. Doom, despite being 10 years old, still gets blamed for all sorts of crap. Anyways, it'll either end up being hilarious or not funny at all, and there's nothing worse than something not funny that actually took work to make.

geekmarine said:

I tend to agree with Grazza here. Unless it is like the holy grail of teh funney, just don't even bother. Doom, despite being 10 years old, still gets blamed for all sorts of crap. Anyways, it'll either end up being hilarious or not funny at all, and there's nothing worse than something not funny that actually took work to make.

I agree. It should be funny as hell. I'm thinking southpark style cutout looking sprites to start. I was also thinking of adding new sounds like when you shoot bill he could say "I did not have sex with that woman"
:-)

The only funny thing about this is that you thought of it. I mean, it's so original! Bashing american presidents and various political figures.

I tip my hat to you, sir. You're on the verge of making the best wad ever.

Sarcasm? What sarcasm?

Fact is, even if you had your president characters in there as NPC-type things that you can't even harm with any attack, they'd still say that the mod is about gunning down US presidents.

Now, if you wanted to make a mod where you play as Vice president Dick Cheney, and you run around sabatoging other reconstruction firms doing missions for Haliburton, that would be great. You could call it "Haliburton Hootnany" or "Corruption" or just "Help Dick Get Rich"

You could do a Chex Quest type of thing, where there's no blood and no shooting. Your weapon would deliver articles of impeachment, and the presidents wouldn't have death sequences or sounds, but would just sit down and start to sob. Or something.

It would still suck whale cock though.

ya know, if I can't find somebody who knows HOW to do sprites I'll just end up doing the job myself and fucking it up royally and then it really WILL be funny.

BlackFish said:

This is as dumb as that Doom for Columbine crap. Somebody close this thread up before it get's dumber.

I just want somebody to do some sprites. Man, doesn't this country have an funnybone any longer? Are we so goddam paranoid of the government and the media that we can't poke a little fun at our elected officials and use them as a means of blowing off some steam without worrying that we might piss some asshole off who doesn't even have a clue?
I thought the Doom community was about independence and playing doom and having fun, not about paranoid delusions of media attention ala Columbine and worrying about the government getting all pissed off over a wad that means nothing that 99.999% of the people in the country would never see anyway unless the media made a big deal out of it. A wad like this could be alot of fun and poke some fun at the same time. Am I the only one here who could really give a shit what the media thinks or what the government thinks? I have rights. I have free speech. They can kiss my Libertarian ass.
Jesus, lighten up.

Brad_tilf said:

... I was also thinking of adding new sounds like when you shoot bill he could say "I did not have sex with that woman"
:-)

president's shouldn't be gunned down!!! they should be made quizmasters!!! [see massmouth2's secret level, which was really hilarious]