Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
0-Mephisto-0

New Project for Skulltag

0-Mephisto-0, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Being a community project used to be an indication it might actually be done, but now theres a ton of those which have been abandoned as well, looks like the c-word is no longer protection from the /newproject tag hehe

deathbringer said:

Being a community project used to be an indication it might actually be done, but now theres a ton of those which have been abandoned as well, looks like the c-word is no longer protection from the /newproject tag hehe

But you can't put the /newproject tag here, because it is not this thread, where the project was started, and I am the moderator of the Skulltag "New Releases" forum, so no /newproject tag hehe.

No, seriously, what the fuck? Everytime someone wants some help with their project you give them fucking hell and start talking about something called "/newproject" and I'm confused and would like to know what the fuck you're talking about!

Skunkboy Kyle said:

No, seriously, what the fuck? Everytime someone wants some help with their project you give them fucking hell and start talking about something called "/newproject" and I'm confused and would like to know what the fuck you're talking about!

You'll know if you read the /newproject tag and compare it to the context it's in.

Okay, now I'm even more confused than before. What is a /newproject tag and where the hell is it used? You're being cryptic around the question! Maybe because you don't know what it means either?
Also, Torn, this is something we already have downloads and stuff for, since I think this is going to be included with future releases of Skulltag once we finish it, and Carn is involved with it, so kiss all of our asses.

The newproject tag is what torn used on you, this text is displayed when the tag is used:

"%S, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done."

Where %S is the name of the user that is being mocked for starting a project which most likely will never be released.

If you believe that your project will make it and progress is good, just ignore the /newproject posts. But if you haven't actually done anything yet and the interest in the project seems low, you should consider if it's worth it or not and how much work you are actually willing to put into it. Remember that a large project is a lot more work than it may seem like at first. (a lot more!!).

Well, he didn't use it on me, he used it on Mephisto, BUT... not a problem! Since I'm on the project too, I also take offense.
Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.
Don't worry, this project will pull thru. The only problem I see with it is Mephisto invited Blackfish to make the final map. Why I don't know but expect to go thru 29 maps of awesome gaming and get stuck with something that should have been in Mock 2...

Torn said:

0-Mephisto-0, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Torn, before you start trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show.

Hey Cyb, why don't you join the project? Maybe YOU can make Map30 instead of "Look mommy I made a level!" Blackfish. ^_^
(If you can't tell I really hate Blackfish's wad.)