Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Warrior

Vulpine DOOM mod... help?

Yet another of my projects for a partial conversion of DOOM, this time I'm trying for a version with anthropomorhpic animal charas (the main chara is a fox) instead of the zombies and hellspawn we know and love. Unfortuanetly, I can't make levels. I -suck- at them, and I know this. If anyone wants to help with level design, I may be able to turn this partial into a TC.... anyone interested? It's a weird concept, but I like it at least.... and a few of my friends. For levels, there can be more standard DOOM-ish levels, but I wanted to try to get some dark forest/jungle/mountain ones too. This isn't a conversion to a happy DOOM, just a slightly furrier one.

-Red Warrior, who thinks she'll never hear the end of this X_x....

FEMALE DOOMER!!!!!!!!!!$#%@$%!$@#%!@$$#

Well, on topic, I would if I could, but I got a project of my own and I don't want it to take years and years...

Yes, a female DOOMer.... my first mod was only a small partial, never finished because I couldn't get new sounds (I couldn't get any men for a new voiceover... bites, I can't immiatate men!). An insane player I am, but hey....

Thanks for the "would offer, but can't", makes me feel a little better about my project ^_^;;...

-Red Warrior, who thinks giant sloths with chainguns could be nifty...

I would be glad to help, but I will be _very_ slow, since I am already involved in 3 projects...

But if you can put up with that, then sure I'll help...

Sure, SlayeR, I can stand the wait.... it's better than having no new levels at all (then the conversion with the anthro critters just seems... weird...). Lesse.... it's dataless now, but here's a URL with all details known at this point (pardon the long link, it's part of my -really- large site.... too many, I say!)...

no images, little info, but soon... soon...
http://www.crosswinds.net/~wingleader/sector/doom/totally_DOOMED/sect/vulpine_doom/

*Knaws on the CW server* damn them! It's down again!! It's doing things like this all the time -_-.... it should be back up soon. I hope.

I know that your project so far is primarily a graphics conversion. However, when you said you were looking for mappers it was not clear if you were planning a TC for DooM/DooM2 or if you were considering a source port. Your mountain and forest scenario would lend itself to a source port that featured slopes (although this is not essential).

Also, beyond the furry critters aspect, is there a theme to your project? (E.g., something has turned the normally docile and lovable forest critters into fierce and mean denizens.) This will dictate the nature of the maps and gameplay. How many levels were you thinking of having? Will there be a story-line that the maps follow (again lending itself to a source port), or will it pretty much be a blast-fest with the occasional puzzle thrown in? Will you be using DeHacked?

I expect that you'll get these kinds of questions from anyone who offers to help. Answering these questions up-front may encourage mappers to offer their services.

Thats probably the questions I'd ask...

I may not be able to contribute much, on second thoughts, but I'll do what I can...

From my bad experiences last WAD I tried, I wanted to see if I could get help when I needed it. Basicially, if I can't get new levels, it becomes a personal WAD. No use in having an ingenious plot and levels created when you find nobody on Mar's moons'll help or has any interest in your project. Yes, my warped for of logic, but hey, at leats it's there. As for the levels themselves.... I have a good idea of what the first levels will be. And the storyline. Getting them in order is the hard part, but... so far it's goin' good! Since the basic plot's a little long, I should post it in the Fan fic section.....