Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > DRD dilemma [poll]
what to do with DRD?
Keep up the work as it was...
yes! Abort all other maps and switch to vanilla!
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ellmo
Custom Title

Okay, so I have a problem now. My newest map for DRD project differs from others so much, that I'm thinking of aborting all my earlier maps, and starting again from "Sewage System", since It is very well detailed and big. Also I'm thinking about switching from ZDoom to Vanilla Doom, because I'm not using most of port's features.

Please vote to help me make a decission.

Old Post 01-30-04 16:50 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Keep using ZDoom. You may not be using any of its features, but you won't need to worry about the dreaded visplane overflows, which means that you can make the maps as detailed and complex as you want. As for your newest map, if it's that different from the rest, you could just put it in later on in the episode, or even release it separately.

Old Post 01-30-04 16:55 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Seems I won't be able to switch to vanilla anyway, but I really think about aborting all other maps.

Old Post 01-30-04 16:56 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

ellmo said:
Seems I won't be able to switch to vanilla anyway, but I really think about aborting all other maps.

If you think you want to abort your old maps you should still release them as a separate WAD. There's no need to throw away good stuff IMHO.

Old Post 01-30-04 18:25 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

It'll be easier to decide when you see all of the levels in demo, so you can contrast them...

500 sectors for Sewage system already :P

Old Post 01-30-04 18:46 #