Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

DESERT WARRIOR- REVIVAL

Nick Perrin said:

Let's just end this now and not waste space in this thread please?

You know what wouldn't be a waste of space? Screenshots. Show us what you've done to further your wad. Supply us with a demo WAD, screenshots, SOMETHING!

Nick Perrin said:

IT'S NOT A MEGAWAD!!!!!!!!!

You could be using all this time that you are using to point out technicalities in my wording to post some screenshots. Come on, we're waiting.

okay. the demo will not be out for another while. screenshots will be out during the progress of the maps because right now they would be useless(the game will not take place in the doom world).

as for now, stuff is being worked on! any suggestions for good weapons, interactivity, enemies, etc. just say! if you want to see what it looks like in doom anyway, i might post some shots soon.

oh yeah, and nice job changing it from megawad to wad.

Nick Perrin said:

as for now, stuff is being worked on! any suggestions for good weapons, interactivity, enemies, etc. just say! if you want to see what it looks like in doom anyway, i might post some shots soon.

That is a very good idea.

For future reference, the best way to annouce your WAD is with such things, instead of coming up with an idea and doing a few things and not providing any visuals or demos. It's a lot harder for people to make fun of your wad when you have stuff done already and can prove it, though that won't stop some people from trying. Still, it makes it a lot easier to laugh them off the thread if you have some backup.

oh yeah, and nice job changing it from megawad to wad.

Ninja edits are my specialty.

i know, i started this mod a long time ago though, stopped it, and now i'm restarting with similar ideas in mind. I will have something to show for soon, but i also needed some help on this.

(i desperately need an edge mapper, the one before disappeared, i'm trying to reach him again.) I don't expect anyone to pop up and do this for the project, even though it's only a three-level demo(consisting of one mission[outdoors and indoors] and one training level).

Once I have something to show, and a wad for testers, mappers might want to help then, so don't worry, i'm working on it.

good to see you again!

you can map with edge features(3d floors, water, etc.)?

The first map: a training level. I can give you a basic layout of the level from top view in e-mail. I will do a lot of scripting for this.

the second map: a winter level, outdoors, outside an arctic outpost, dropped from a helicopter on a ridge near the base. lots of cool stuff in this level planned.
the third map: indoors of the outpost. your mission is to locate and chase down a huge terrorist leader through the base. I have some coding in mind here so you shoot him, he runs, shoots at you, and you shoot him, he runs, etc. he keeps running until you corner him, and such stuff.

mostly dynamic lighting will light these maps, except for outdoor maps.

This will feature a briefing before mission 1, an intro movie, etc. you will also have a team behind you of about four guys(that actually help you), except in the indoor level you have to chase the guy alone.

Remember, this project will be designed for anybody who can map to make maps for it in the counter-terrorist theme.

Edit: What should we do for textures?

Yes I can map with edge features, as for textures I thought I would rip from half-life or counterstrike.

I'm making the new website now. What should the URL name be( I mean, have in it?)

I mean, should be it NickPerrin or will therebe an actual team(for me and the people helping out).

Remember a while ago Sandstorm was proposed as a team name.

It will be hosted on freewebs.com.