Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JacKThERiPPeR

Cyber Murder Project

Cyb couldn't even get a crate to explode in his Mock2 map. I bet his little brother could though.

Anyway, making a megawad whose theme is no more than "more Cyberdreams" doesn't sound like a great idea unless there are some specific new ideas for set-ups to kill the cybers. Cyberdreams used rather a lot of different ideas, and even then it was clearly a bit of a struggle to make 32 interesting maps without it getting repetitive.

As it stands, this "project" has just a "borrowed" idea and no substance.

If you're serious about making a go of this, why not contact the original Cyberdreams team, and ask if they have some new ideas? And be prepared to make most of it yourself, of course. And start with just a few maps, or a shortish episode.

I know it isn't original, but the only thing I want it's that more people do the project and anyone can participate.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot. Cyb:
1. To make a door in WadAuthor, join 3 sectors that the central sector (the door) has his double-sided linedefs looking out of the central sector. Then, right click and click on "Convert sector to door". Forget the window shit and hit "ok". The door is done. Only you must edit the double-sided linedefs for changing the "above" texture.
2. To make a crusher in WadAuthor, first of all, make a sector. Then select a switch linedef and give it the trigger: "Crushing ceiling->S1 Crush ceiling slow" or whatever you want. Then, in the "tag" selector, you must tag it as "(new)". Close the properties window. Then go to "Tools->Tags" and then, select the last tag. There you must click carefully the crusher sector. CAREFULLY.
That's it.

EDIT PART DEUX: HOLY FUCK! I FORGOT AGAIN! Yes, there are new ideas in my mind. Like for example, some kind of door labyrinth (ask me if I spell badly here, because I'm SPANISH) where you must find a switch to crush the cyber or a teleport to telefrag the cyber and then, go to the exit. That's one idea.