Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lutrov71

Danger 1 - Offboard RELEASED.

I have released my second wad Danger 1 - Offboard. It will be the first in a series I am making. You are in a spaceshuttle that has crashed on Mars. The shuttle has been overcome by hellspawn, and you have to get off the ship!
There is an extremely low amount of ammo, so use it very wisely.

Download it here!

I sort of played it, but I am sort of crashing mentally right now, so I can't pass proper judgment.
I actually forget anything that I could say...

I'm gonna play it right now. It would be sort of unfair to ask for feedback on my DRD, while not giving any to the others, right?

EDIT: Well Lutrov, I suggest you scrap the whole map. I don't mean to be rude, but a few things you should consider:

1.This is supposed to be a space ship, right? Get rid of all those fucking WOOD12 textures! NOW!
2.Increasing level overall difficulty by adding a few Revenants is kind of lame. Think of a better way.
3.Two Archviles? Man, that first was too much considering one almost cannot pass him around; but the second one blocking the exit - you fail it!
4.If this is a first map of your set, then it definately sholud have more Former Human being and Imps, Demons. I Killed four Barons of Hell instead of that...
5.Overall level architecture is mediocre... no it's under the standards, too many square rooms with nothing to show on the floor and ceiling, bare walls; bad usage of doors...

But I did have some fine time playing it. A rather chalenging map, though nothing there to look at...

I also don't mean to be rude, but like ellmo, I suggest you start over. Completely.
For one thing, it's a very bad idea to have the level start off with a baron of hell directly behind the player. I didn't make it far beyond that, mainly because there's just not enough ammo. There's two things you should fix. It's not really that this map is hard, it's the lack of ammo. It does resemble a space ship somewhat, except for the somewhat ugly texture usage (there's one place that should have pipe2 textures, or something similar, instead there's a pipe texture with the nukage at bottom) , and there is indeed too much wood (?) for a spaceship. The Archvile suprised me after the red key, but I managed to kill him. Of course I was caught off guard by the Revenants.

I already uploaded it to the database and it's in newstuff.
I wanna get it out! What can I do to get it out.

For me, seeing the baron at the start instantly told me I had to really watch my ammo. Which is better then going halfway through a level all trigger happy then finding out you should have been saving ammo.
The toxic floor kind of pissed me off. I think the number of times the player has to cross over a damage sector should be limited.

The toxic floor kind of pissed me off. I think the number of times the player has to cross over a damage sector should be limited.

I agree. My health was high until I crossed that damaging floor and it chewed me a few times so when I met the first Vile there was no way to go any further. IMHO none of it looked like any spaceship.

Lutrov71 said:

Uh, in case you're not very keen on scrapping the whole map you could do things like this:

-Get rid of the wood
-Delete at least one Archie
-Start using multiple Imps instead of a single Revenant/Baron
-Maybe a secret here and there...
-Don't you ever place doors in the same line as the wall goes
-Delete the Nukage Area, change it to some kind of computer hallway
-Oh, yeah! More computers and lights (not only things, textures too)
-If it is supposed to be a part of a greater episode you could remove the SSG, but add shells and clips throughout the map instead...
-Pay attention to ceiling, You shouldn't create sectors with plain walls and "Space-Type-Sky" as a ceiling, doh!

Lutrov71 said:

Lutrov then said:

Um, I think you answered your own question dude.

Ty (who oversees the archives) can take it out of the archives or just overwrite the new file for you. You just have to let him know. He can usually get to it in a day or two.

You can Pm him or email him.

I'm scrapping the map anyway.
I'm going to work on a new map called Spontaneous Combustion.
It will have nothing to do with fire, unfortunately. :)

I actually liked it a bit up until the first archie. I like ammo tight maps. But that damage floor has to go.