Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spidercyberdemon

Putting Skulltag in Megawads

I think we should edit Megawads (with permission from the authors) and add a little skulltag. For example, putting Belphegor's in level 29 of Alien Vendetta (Firewalk With Me) or adding Weapons (Railgun, Minigun), Runes (Drain, Haste), and other new skulltag features. If anyone is willing to make such additions, please reply. Unfortunately, I only know the bare minimum of editing, and I just don't have the time (I understand it can take at least 1 year in some cases) to make a Wad/Megawad. If someone makes such modifications to a wad, please have it availible for download on the Doomworld download page.

Yes Agent you are right, however, it is O.K. when permission is obtained, correct? All we need to do is obtain permission and give the authors the credit for creating the wad/Megawad

Answer is... There are only 3 SP maps (Wart 01, Wart 02, Wart 03) that have such features. I understand a megawad is in production, but who knows how long it will take to complete the project? (Many megawads take months, or even a year to create) If we put skulltag features in already created megawads, we won't have to deal with building the wad (which is what takes most of the time when it comes to building wads).

At the risk of being seen as a follower of the Woolie Wool way, I wonder if it's possible to modify SLIGE to use Skulltag stuff?

Edit for clarity: that is to say, configure SLIGE to make stuff with Skulltag objects, as opposed to genning them and then adding ST stuff in (which would also work, of course).

Simply play any normal megawad with Skulltag, and type 'give whatever' in the console when you feel like it. (or when you approach a point where you think the weapon belongs)

PS: Super Sonic DooM has a railgun in it. But you'll have to wait a few months for it to come out.

Spidercyberdemon said:

Many megawads take months, or even a year to create

A year? As in just 1? I wish :P

You have my permission to modify Scythe for ST as long as the txt is intact except for a few lines explaining what the version is all about and that it has been modified by someone else than the original author (and state that permission has been obtained). Also, it must be renamed to something else than scythe (i.e scytheST.zip/wad/txt or whatever). Further, the levels should remain intact except for the item placement.

Also, I want you to upload the file to a secret location before you make it public and let me know so that I can d/l it and assure that the wad hasn't been butchered.

If you have any questions, feel free to mail or pm me.

Erik Alm

Mancubus II said:

Why not create your own levels for skullag?

BRILLIANT!

Erik: That's very nice of you. Hopefully someone (competent) will take you up on that. Scythe would sure be nutty with Skulltag monsters in there :)

You can make skulltag versions of my wads if you like, though i only have two on the archive and theyre both rubbish, heh

Erik said:

You have my permission to modify Scythe for ST as long as the txt is intact except for a few lines explaining what the version is all about and that it has been modified by someone else than the original author (and state that permission has been obtained). Also, it must be renamed to something else than scythe (i.e scytheST.zip/wad/txt or whatever). Further, the levels should remain intact except for the item placement.

Also, I want you to upload the file to a secret location before you make it public and let me know so that I can d/l it and assure that the wad hasn't been butchered.

If you have any questions, feel free to mail or pm me.

Erik Alm

Scyrhe ZDaemon CTF maps for the Novelty CTF map project? I'd have to mirror the level, but I usually try to keep my novelty maps that are based on preexisiting ones as close as humanly possible, out of repect for the origional work.

deathbringer said:

You can make skulltag versions of my wads if you like, though i only have two on the archive and theyre both rubbish, heh

What levels are they? I like to download levels that are made by people who are regulary on the forums.

Erik, thank you for allowing Scythe (I like that wad) to have Skulltag in it. Unfortunately, time is a problem for me (I'm busy). If anyone would be interested, please read Erik's post on what he wishes to be done. Please be sure to tell when the skulltag version is complete. Oh, and please do not ask me to make Skulltag wads. I don't have the time.

Spidercyberdemon said:

I think we should edit Megawads (with permission from the authors) and add a little skulltag.

now are you sure you mean we?

Spidercyberdemon said:

Oh, and please do not ask me to make Skulltag wads. I don't have the time.

CyberSpiderDemon, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done. You are a mong.

What is different about this little project

A.No new maps

B.just some new things (monsters weapons and runes)

C.I never said I was going to do it, I only said I found time

D.I already have permission to edit Scythe (see reply by Erik)

You could pay someone to do it for you. I mean, if you've already gotten rid of the option to make it yourself.

Oh, you mean you're going to take people's maps and put Skulltag shit in them to destroy everything the maps stand for. Fuck you.
Besides, they've already done something like that. It's called ST Eternal DM. And there are NO other wads worth doing this to. Hah.