SO19

New mod - CQB

ShadowRunner said:

Looks very Counterstrikeish

it should, those are CS models

Linguica said:

Oh damnit it's for EDGE

F*ck, I hate Edge

Well, I see an UAC crate there... I like such crates.

SO19, you may as well have closed the thread upon making it.

ShadowRunner said:
you got their.

Yes, their guns and textures.

I really enjoyed Twilight warrior, but covert ops wasn't as good despite requiring edge. I hope CQB is closer to the original.

I'm a sucker for edge mods, and those screenshots look very, very nice. I loved Twilight Warrior and Covert Ops, and this mod will no doubt have an eternal spot on my harddrive. :P

oh, drapt.
I hate EDGE.

Why not ZDoom? The best popular source port!
and the gallery is great. but why the hell EDGE???
>_<

Edge is the only sourceport that can support the kind of things he wants to implement like 3d floors, uber weapons, and advanced scripting. I'm sure he would use zdoom if it was compatible with DDF.

Well, you can do a lot of the cool DDF stuff (unlimited new monsters, weapons, items) with ZDoom, and true 3D floors (ie. not self-referencing-sector-using bridges) can be faked to a good extent, depending on ability.

Why do people have to force stuff on other people? If he wants to use EDGE, let him. I have no problem with it, other than it seeming like a CS clone. :P

I guess everyone's just letting him know (in a roundabout kind of way) that he's going to be one of the few people to actually play his creation :)

I'll most likely play it even though I'm not particularly fond of EDGE (mainly because it runs slow as crap, even at 640x480).

If it's a good TC then it will be played, irrespective of the source port. Quit pushing ZDoom already.

Looking good SO19.

No one is "forcing" ZDoom on anyone but it's apparent to anyone with half a brain that ZDoom is the only source port worth two shits.

Linguica said:

No one is "forcing" ZDoom on anyone but it's apparent to anyone with half a brain that ZDoom is the only source port worth two shits.

...right, no one is pushing anything :\

Hmmm... He already has screen shots up... and a website... Its for EDGE... It uses Counter Strike models... It will have 3d floors and scripting... This is exactly (somewhat) the same as what I'm working on. Only for me there are no screen shots, no website, where is Nick!!!

Cool screenshots by the way.

Lobo said:

If it's a good TC then it will be played, irrespective of the source port.

If it's a good TC that requires a source port that 1) runs like a snail covered in treacle, 2) looks like someone's toilet the morning after they ate an out-of-date vindaloo, 3) makes them think they've gone deaf (i.e. there's no sound) or 4) simply won't work at all - all of which are problems many people have with EDGE - then no it obviously won't be played by those people.

If you love EDGE so much, then please, hound some coders into making it work properly!

Quit pushing ZDoom already.

Uh, something like nine people complainined about SO19 using EDGE and/or suggested he use something else... whereas only three people mentioned ZDoom, with one of these people simply stating what he believed ZDoom couldn't do, and the other what he knew ZDoom could do.

There are other decent choices besides ZDoom: Eternity for example.

You know, it's fairly straightforward. At present, Edge offers me the most flexibility in terms of editing. I've got a 700mhz pentium and a GeForce2 MX card, and guess what, Edge fairly motors along. For those that haven't had much luck in the past, I've heard that the next version of the engine (1.28) will be much improved.

Arguing about the "best" source port is irrelevant. You can tell me to use something else until your ^%$# falls off. Unless someone can come up with an engine that keeps the masses happy, AS WELL AS offering all the easy to use editing features I need, then Edge it will remain.

EDGE used to run fine on my 450mhz with its old 8mb graphics card and windows 98, and continues to run fine on my 2ghz with 64mb graphics and windows XP, so i dont see why it wont work for some people, ive never had any problems with it

NiGHTMARE said:

If it's a good TC that requires a source port that 1) runs like a snail covered in treacle, 2) looks like someone's toilet the morning after they ate an out-of-date vindaloo, 3) makes them think they've gone deaf (i.e. there's no sound) or 4) simply won't work at all - all of which are problems many people have with EDGE - then no it obviously won't be played by those people.

1. I admit Edge needs to be optimized (a lot!) I've been bugging them about this for ages.
2. This is more of a personal taste kinda thing. I like it, you don't: difference of opinion. I am known for having a very bad esthetic sense;)
3. Sound problems? Never happened to me. If you still have this problem you should send a bug report to the Edge team, if you don't mind.
4. same as 3.

If you love EDGE so much, then please, hound some coders into making it work properly!

I do hound them!! And they even seem to be paying attention ;)

Uh, something like nine people complainined about SO19 using EDGE and/or suggested he use something else... whereas only three people mentioned ZDoom, with one of these people simply stating what he believed ZDoom couldn't do, and the other what he knew ZDoom could do.

You are correct. I guess I'm just reading between the lines and assuming the nine probably have ZDoom in mind. I should just stick to the facts.