Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Deimos LabsII:Invasion

zarkyb said:

I beg your pardon?!!?!

It was a Monty Python quote....and if you don't know Monty Python, i don't wanna talk to ya :P

EvisceratoR said:

It was a Monty Python quote....and if you don't know Monty Python, i don't wanna talk to ya :P

Always look on the bright sight of life
*whistles*
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When You're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly champs
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing...

Knew that, EvisceratoR ?

Exactly :) i mean, killer bunnies, holy handgrenades, cow catapults, french men .. how much funnier can it get ? :P

ellmo said:

Always look on the bright sight of life
*whistles*
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When You're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly champs
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing...

Knew that, EvisceratoR ?

I have that on the album

If you guys dont get back on subject. Bloodshedder will come around and decide "Ooh look, a thread suitable for post hell! Why not put it there!" And the next time you come here it will be red and orange with awful music playing in the backround.

Ok guys, I'm 100% done on rooms, 100% done on health/ammo/Monsters/Weapons, 80% on detailing, and 95% done on texturing.

I got a beta test that I'm releasing for you opinions, and suggestions on how i can take my map up a couple of notches since I'm freshly out of detailing ideas.

http://www.freewebs.com/shadowrunner89/DeimosLabsV0.99.zip

Enjoy.

~Shadow~

P.S. Let me know if something doesn't work right.

ShadowRunner said:

Ok guys, I'm 100% done on rooms, 100% done on health/ammo/Monsters/Weapons, 80% on detailing, and 95% done on texturing.

I got a beta test that I'm releasing for you opinions, and suggestions on how i can take my map up a couple of notches since I'm freshly out of detailing ideas.

http://www.freewebs.com/shadowrunner89/DeimosLabsV0.99.zip

Enjoy.

~Shadow~

P.S. Let me know if something doesn't work right.

Well, I have to admit: This sucks marginally less than most of the other wads you've put out. But it still needs a lot of work.

For starters: The seizure inducing blinking lights. They totally kill the atmosphere, they look ridiculous, and in many areas they just plain hurt. Nobody likes them.

In the first big area, there's a major graphical glitch on the floor. And I'm not talking a minor error here, I'm talking "forgetting to wear your pants to a job interview" error. Check those linedef sector references, pronto!

Third: Ceiling lights. In many areas, the ceilings are pock-marked with varying light levels when, logically, they should all be the same. If you're using ZDoom editing features, you can make the floor and ceiling have different light levels. If not, you can cheat by raising the ceiling up by several hundred units and leaving the upper texture blank(assuming the sector has a two sided linedef on every side).

There's also more of that totally random ceiling structure thing going on in a few rooms. In one room you match a random ceiling structure to a lighting pattern on the floor, which makes no sense and is lazy as hell.

The crossbeam may look more interesting if the hanging guy was actually hanging from it. You might be able to pull that off with an invisible ceiling(all lines have sector references pointing to themselves), but I've never tried that so I don't know if it would work.

There may be hope in you yet, but you've yet to realize it.

Paper-thin light walls = NO

And is it THAT fucking hard to draw a symmetrical shape? All you have to do is count how long the lines are and what angle they're at. At the VERY least, make the map look as if it doesn't have a perpetual limp to the left or something.

Other than that, you're definetely improving.

EarthQuake said:

Here's a ZDoom demo of me playing the first time. I died (because of the damned crusher), but managed to get alot of comments out.

Don't take my remarks personally, I'm a hard critic.

http://www.realsimpsons.com/e2m4.lmp

I hope you can turn that demo into something that can help you.

There's something wrong with that demo. In the first room, the last imp never dies, and just keeps hitting you continously.

ShadowRunner said:

That level sucked, can't you guys see the uglyness in it?

Couldn't YOU when you started making it?

Did you do absolutely no checking on alignments and geometry when you made it, and did you even playtest it?

We'd rather you actually go back and improve the map than totally scrap it for a huge, overblown project that will inevitably end up disastrously crashing and that you're GUARANTEED not to finish in the first place.

ShadowRunner said:

I'm not even gonna bother finishing the map, as it sucks.

Well, what have we been trying to tell you all along? And NOW you finally listen to us!

However, Ubik's right, you'd be best off finishing your map, and getting more experience mapping, than to start on a bigass project that will more likely than not never see the light of day (and this is you we're talking about here, how many projects have you started and never finished?).

Well gee, because I haven't finished a project I'm not capable of trying again?! Dudes, I really am working on something and not just talking about it to sound cool like TOD.