Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wad`a`Holic

DUEL, 1 bullet, 1 health.

I am making a mod for Doom Legacy called Doom Tournament. It will feature 3 new game modes that will make Doom more fun online. They are...

Duel, 1 bullet, 1 health
Tamper, Take over the enemies base and tamper with there stats
Tournament, Basic deathmatch with new rules.

I have a demo of the duel game mode but I have nowhere to upload it. Anyone know where I can upload this awsome mod?

Dittohead said:

so what happens if both players miss?

FISTS OF FURY!

Dittohead said:

so what happens if both players miss?

Suicide using long cardboard tubes and sheets of bubble wrap.

iori said:

Suicide using long cardboard tubes and sheets of bubble wrap.

The Tube is Civilization!

Anyway I think the ideas for 1 bullet and 1 health modes aren't the greatest idea ever (since Skulltag already has an equivalent to 1 health in its Instagib mode and 1 bullet would be hard as hell).

Infinite Ammunition said:
Anyway I think the ideas for 1 bullet and 1 health modes aren't the greatest idea ever...title of thread is DUEL, 1 bullet, 1 health

Heh.

As it is now, I doubt this will work. However, this might work as some kind of western showdown. For instance, two players stand facing each other some distance apart. At a random time there will be a signal to draw. You get one shot of course, and the one who survives takes on the next challenger. If they both miss or spend too much time without firing, they are both disqualified, and two new players enter (although they can try again later).

Instead of focusing on the one idea that seems flawed in this thread, I'd rather pay attention to this interesting & promising one:

"Tamper, Take over the enemies base and tamper with their stats"

Sounds kind of like a hacking type mission or something. If a well-balanced "hacking" system were introduced, this could be very fun.

Yes Job, the tamper mode is exactly like hacker. But insted you are hacking with enemies health, ammo amount.
That is if you get in there base.

Example, you run in Player 3's base and stand on the hacker floor panel. You will then be able to change player 3's health amount and ammo amount. You can even make him have low gravity.

And with the duel, it is a small map. It aint just like skulltag, it features jump pads, lava pads (instant kill, takes off 10 health per second) and theif pads (steel's your ammo when standing on it). In the duel mode there is also some health and ammo to pickup incase you run out.

But hey, there are no mods out there that imporve the multiplayer of Doom Legacy. At least I don't think.

Anyway, anyone know of anywhere that I can upload one of the Tamper levels?

You could try uploading them to the 3darchives.

I have played a legacy map where each player had only 1% health and the DM was quite fun. There weren't any restrictions for the weapons tho. Only flaw with that map was that it had one ideal place for campers there (the rest of the map was quite camper-hostile) so while you can ignore a few of those a bit more camper friendly places in regular DM, you can't allow it if all players have 1% health. The gameplay itself was very fast-paced and kept everyone on toes all the time, since if one stopped only just once, it always resulted in death.

Hey guys, I have a idea for a new game mode that I can add with the 3 others. Tag team deathmatch.

There are 4 players and 2 teams. Each team has 2 players. 1 of the players in the team spectates and the other battles it out. If the player who is playing tags the spectating player he enters the battle and the player who WAS fighting gets healed.

Well, what do you think.

Also, DooMBoy, 3darchives dont work. Do you know there web address?

upon both players missing, there lies a trigger that warps in four viles, which invariably will incinerate them both, therefore ending that episode of stupidity.

Converted DOOMer, that sounds like a cool idea but it would make the game short and I don't have the knowhow to do it. lol. But here's an intresting game mode that I might add to the Doom Tournament mod. Castle construction game mode. Here's what you need to do to win...

There are 4 players and 2 teams. There are 2 players in each team. They both get bases and they are completely empty. Each team starts out with $400 and they must buy parts to add to there base. Walls, towers, armourys anything. They can also run out onto the battlefield and collect parts from there to add (just incase you run out of money) or if you frag someone on the other team you get money.

The objective is to crumble the other teams fortress by shooting it or something.

Well, what do ya think?

Here's a suggestion: USE ZDOOM!!! You can make it so if both players miss, an ACS script gives both players another bullet. That way, the game could continue on normally. Besides, making 1 bullet and 1 health is WAY easy (Dehacked or ACS).

This idea is genuinly retarded. There's mods out there called instagib which functions just as well. Plus, it adds gibbin goodiness

Wad`a`Holic said:

Also, DooMBoy, 3darchives dont work. Do you know there web address?

I don't want to be hostile here, but get a clue already.