Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Doomer

new wad check it.

has anyone played dropzone.wad yet, its one of my wads and i like to know if its a good or a bad one.
look for dropzone.zip on this website.
if you liked it then keep your eyes open there will be more wads on the way,i still have to do some finetuning to do on those ones.
i just want it to look perfect for you guys thats all.

p.s do you guys have seen some good wads,that you can recommend to me.
thanks.

dutch devill said:

look for dropzone.zip on this website.

Is it supposed to be the search for the needle in the haystack?
If you want people playing this, you should give a link!

Well I just gave it a quick go. Is it your first wad? It says in the text file you don't have anything else released (yet). If it is then it's a very good first wad. Detailing was nice enough, and the level as a whole was quite fast-paced and fun to play. Not too hard, and if anything I'd say there is too much ammo (and I usually think people are way too tight on ammo). I was being very trigger happy and still made it through ok, and I really don't see any point in the player getting the super shotgun right at the start. And I don't see the point in the beserk in the final room? What's the use of it once all the enemies are dead :P

The only other thing is in the soul sphere secret you get credited for 3 secrets, which seems a bit odd. And the name of the actual wad file is a bit weird - drop zone..wad (why the space and 2 dots?).

But apart form that I liked it. Definately worth playing

yes that is the wad wildweasel sorry for no links guys,im a new member.
im still reading those help files sorry again,i will improve.
and yes this wad could be better this is one of my early wads,that i have released.
i didn't want my first wads on the internet because they where crap, i have seen to many ugly wads on the internet that is why i did not released them.

p.s. there are four secrets in this wad,if you haven't discoverd them allready.
thanks for your feedback guys.

The map is designed nicely and is fair to play. Though, the weapons laying around actually aren't nessecary as you'll get plenty from dying monsters.

dutch devill said:

there are four secrets in this wad,if you haven't discoverd them allready.

One of them consist of 3 sectors with the secret type. That's what The Flange Peddler was trying to say, I think. A secret zone should consist of only one of them, preferably the biggest one which you would enter for sure.

thanks for the info i have eliminated those problems,i have deleted that super shotgun at the start and fixed that secret{made one secret out of it}.can i upload it with the same name again i don't know guys.

how do you place links in your text im having problems with that.
i have uploaded some other wads but i don't how to link them.
i can see that you guys allready know how you do this i wanna learn this too.
can someone give some advice where to start,i would like that.
thanks.

p.s. i have deleted that beserk in the final room to,i forgot to mention that one.