Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whatever happened to that guy? He hasn't posted in almost twenty-something minutes...

DarkJedi188 said:

Yeah, just use the regular DOOM.WAD textures if you want to map for E2.
DarkHaven already told me so a few days ago.

Ok, thanks.

Darkhaven: i have been working on this something like E2-style map for a bit. I could send you the prototype, it's not nearly finished, maybe 20%, but you could check it out and tell me if it would fit your project and if you want it. If you're interested i'll start working on it more and maybe build map or two more. If not, i'll just build it for my own fun. :)

E2M1: The Lava Pits - NONE
E2M2: Mountainside - NONE
E2M3: Blood Keep - NONE
E2M4: Dark Citadel - NONE
E2M5: Halls of Fear - DarkJedi188
E2M6: Breakdown - NONE
E2M7: Catacombs - NONE
E2M8: The Absolution - NONE
E2M9: The Dark Crucible - NONE

So he said.

Stoned, relax. I keep checking this forum like everyday. But I don't want to make any unnecessary posts without DarkHaven's approval :P
That's why I just keep an eye open while biding my time...
Eventually, Haven will come back here with an update, I'm sure of it.
It's just summertime season right now...probably family vacations...you know.

killer9 said:

Haha, thats the dude's name. The project is called ZXD3K.

And its as shit as fuck, the levels are sub 1995 standard, but loads of people dribbled over them when a demo came out a long time ago because "IT HAD TEH BERAKBALE GLASS!!!", and it started with a shit cutscene with voice acting you could barely hear, or understand anyway (a guy walks into a room, turns the corner, says "Are you an angel?", then gibs), then you started playing, broke a window, killed some shotgun guys, went over a pit with "3D floors" over it, which you fell through and got stuck in the hole..

Sub 1995 standard? The screenshots I saw looked better than most wads there are now.

stoned said:

Hello! Darkhaven, anyone? Did you forget about the whole project already?

Since he's apparently having problems accessing the forums, and for some unexplained random coincidence that I found out that I live not too far from him, he asked me to temporarily take over his spot at DW. He's banned or something. But either way:

by request of DH3:
No I didn't forget about the project. It's overgoing a major facelift at the moment, mostly involving changing Episode 1 into a hub. But anyway, I added a fine-tuned COLORMAP lump in there, got a little more music, and the beginnings of a DECORATE lump and MAPINFO lump are in there, somewhere...

What? The guy emailed me.
EDIT: Also, he said something about adding more maps to Episode 1, but I can't be so sure about that. He didn't say anything about it in his email. Plus, I never read the Doom Bible all the way through.

Yeah, I haven't really read the DOOM Bible either, but I'm still interested in this under-development WAD.
If there's gonna be a HUB system....man, things are really gonna be cooking!

killer9 said:

Sub 1995 standard? The screenshots I saw looked better than most wads there are now.

Maybe the author is improving, but when i played it had STEPTOP on the walls...

It's been confirmed. Read below:

As some of you may have been wondering, yes, there's definately gonna be a hub system as soon as I write up the MAPINFO and other stuff; and moreover, there's gonna be 13 maps to episode 1, again, as soon as I type up the MAPINFO. Just to be clear on that. Also, I may do a Dreamcast conversion...

UPDATE:

There's the possibility that XDoom will be toting MP3's. And when ZDoom 2.0.64 comes out... Well...

deathbringer said:

Maybe the author is improving, but when i played it had STEPTOP on the walls...

Oh, well you should check out some of the screenshots on the site. It's really kickass.

I'm baaaack...

1 word. MP3. And one more word. IMPSE.

UPDATE: I added in a little impse somewhere in the wad for you people to find... And also, I'm pondering on whether or not I should make a Skulltag XDoom, with added Skulltag items and weapons, etc.

Good to have you back bro, I was grieving and worrying that this thread would drop to the very bottom of the list, and that then it would vanish into the vast abyss of the Archives.

OMG NO!!! HOLY SHIT!

I just found out that I have a bunch of viruses on my computer at the moment. And they're eating up my F:\ Drive as we speak, which is where alot of XDoom stuff is being stored. My HDs might have to be reformatted, and in turn I will probably lose alot of work on XDoom. Don't worry, though, this could open up alot of new possibilities for XDoom, however- I'll be able to completely redo E1M1, and I'll have alot more space available to devote to XDoom instead of 32 Megs on my secondary drive, so I can get so much done so much quicker after this incident is over. Until then, I can't do anything with XDOOM.WAD. The final size of the wad before I discovered these viruses was 30 Megs and 394K, just incase anyone was wondering. So, instead of thinking "XDoom is dead," start thinking it's going to get better and better all the way. It will.

Alright, I've cleaned up some of the viruses that were eating up my F:/ drive, so the replication rate is alot slower, for now. I can get back to work on XDoom and I was lucky enough to back up alot of it so far, except for some of the music and a couple of sprites.

BUMP: Hey, XDoom ain't dead yet. I'm working on E2M1 as we speak, with my new 2.5GHz PC. It's got some really cool stuff in it that I'm sure no other mod has ever done before as well.

Darkhaven said:

I'm baaaack...

1 word. MP3. And one more word. IMPSE.

UPDATE: I added in a little impse somewhere in the wad for you people to find... And also, I'm pondering on whether or not I should make a Skulltag XDoom, with added Skulltag items and weapons, etc.

Before you go and add easter eggs and plan to port it to other engines, why don't you just finish it first? Seriously. If you don't anything to show or say, why are you bumping the thread?

You should read the rest of this thread, dude. I did put up a 7-Zip archive of an older version of the wad previously. Speaking of which, I really ought to update it... I mean, that version is VERY old... I mean, the wad is up to 30 megs now with uncompressed MP3s. That download is like, what, 200k?

Have you considered using .ogg instead of .mp3? It would make the wad quite a bit smaller...