Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deldelda

Funny gun ideas

deldelda said:

ok I'm at a loss ... I'm at the downloads page ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.0/ and I'm at a complete loss on what to click on. I know I have to download v.2.0.2, but which files? Probably all of them ...

http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html
This is the link if you want the latest stable version for windows.
Also make sure you install GTK+ 2 runtime environment (also downloadable from that site) before installing GIMP.

PROJECT STATUS:

BFG9000: Spam Launcher
Rocket Launcher: Bubble Wand
Fist: Fork
Blue Armor: Red Bull Drink
Green Armor: Happy Drink (will change)
Berserk Pack: Weed Leaf
Medikit: Prescription Pills
Stimpack: Chicken Leg
Single Rocket: Dove Soap Bottle
Rocket Box: Bubble Solution
Cell: Small Spam Ball
Cell Pack: Big Spam Ball (NO creativity there; help, perhaps?)
Everything Else: In Development

For the record, I HAVE made all these. Someone please give me something to change my green armor to, 'happy drink' is just TOO FRUITY. Even for a joke wad. I am finished with some walls, the first level, and a single decoration used for the first level.

Yay for me.

have the chiangun be a mini gun that shoots other mini guns which in turn shoot blenders
(or knifes/spoons/forks/sporks/JC's head)

MasterOfPuppets said:

evil sock puppet

Evil Puppet said:
"What you know is that at precisely seventeen hundred hours Greenwich Mean Time on September 19th, 1967, an explosion destroyed Club Metropole in Monte Carlo, Monaco, killing 47 people and injuring more than a hundred. What you do not know is that the source of the blast was not a mechanical device, but rather a man: Commissioner Maurice Albert. Because you are at least somewhat familiar with the research of Doctor Otto Schenker, you are therefore capable of comprehending both the plausibility of this claim as well as its implications. As we have demonstrated, our organization, H.A.R.M., possesses the recipe for a biological weapon of such insidious potential and singular destructive power that no one on this planet is safe. Unless our demands are met."

Damn that's a long taunt...

PC Paintbrush. its abandonware now. GREAT for editing doom sprites. Still seems more specific for doom than photoshop in my opinion.

here is a good patch i came into while making an "electricity gun". make the projectile an enemy's firing sprite. this will have hium shoot you when you fire it. you can change the sprites graphics. this will damage an enemy you shoot at, but the "monster projectile" will be shooting you.

On that note, something potentially interesting would be a recreation of "Soma Transference" from System Shock 2. Shoot the enemy with a special projectile that triggers a special pain state that triggers return fire with a negative damage amount.

AOL free trial cds, slices demons into chop suey.

Acidic Nail polish

Bowling Ball (ala redneck rampage)

Dopefish Devourer

Exploding demon testicles

joints rolled from the pages of the bible (invulnerability)

aol free CD shooter is gonna be used (plasma gun). definately a great idea. and that's cool because the ammo is still gonna be spam because the bfg is a spam gun ... get it? aol - spam? lol

Mancubus will be replaced with kobe bryant, fires basketballs.

green armor - generic beer

blue card - purple woman plaything
blue skull - shiny purple woman plaything

Of course, the levels have to be enjoyable, not as bad as 'doomjr' or 'bcsmw'. More along the lines of 'mock2' or 'doom 3: mr. smiley head's safari'.

deldelda said:

aol free CD shooter is gonna be used (plasma gun). definately a great idea. and that's cool because the ammo is still gonna be spam because the bfg is a spam gun ... get it? aol - spam? lol

Great idea? Coming from me? There's a first.

What about the "Demon-from-the-blessed-engine" gun, it shoots plasma blasts that shoot bullets

Or one i designed once was like the plasma gun, but it alternated between different types of shots, which where different colours and did different things, some went through enemies, some where homing, some where 'incendiary' and started little fires that stayed there for a while, and some did explosive damage...

you see, I use wintex, and that's kinda hard to use to make a multi-ammo-using, crazy-effect-making gun. What program did you use?

Stapler ... I like!

That'll be the new shotgun!
But how'll I make the shotgun shoot sprites, instead of the no-sprites, infinite-speed bullets? Using whacked to make it shoot plasma would be silly, since my plasma is spam, and spam and staples are two totally different things (other than the fact that they're both gonna be in my wad), true?

Hm.

Instead of wacky weapons, has anyone tried making unique weapons? What I mean is, has anyone tried making new ideas besides just shotguns, rocket launchers and machine guns?

actually ... I like the gatorade better than generic beer ...

and the beer can was colored green :P

and there are many unique weapons, such as weapon five from sirens.wad, and many other wads have new weapons, even recent \newstuff wads like neodoom.

deldelda said:

you see, I use wintex, and that's kinda hard to use to make a multi-ammo-using, crazy-effect-making gun. What program did you use?

Stapler ... I like!

That'll be the new shotgun!
But how'll I make the shotgun shoot sprites, instead of the no-sprites, infinite-speed bullets? Using whacked to make it shoot plasma would be silly, since my plasma is spam, and spam and staples are two totally different things (other than the fact that they're both gonna be in my wad), true?

Hm.

You see (forum posts like that always piss me off, ever since "the aloren incident" on boy meets boy..but anyway) you dont use wintex, you use dehacked, though to make a "crazy-effect making, multi-ammo-using" gun you really need one of the advanced weapon-making ports, like EDGE, Eternity or the next Zdoom.and maybe Vavoom can do it too but nobody uses that

Oops I meant to say whacked, not wintex :D

now you say i need a port to make my crazyful guns, but what editor do i use?

PS I always use zdoom so that's no problem, having a good port.

Blue Screen Of Death
STACK_OVERFLOW Gun (Fires itself)
Supidity

deathbringer said:

You see (forum posts like that always piss me off, ever since "the aloren incident" on boy meets boy..but anyway) you dont use wintex, you use dehacked, though to make a "crazy-effect making, multi-ammo-using" gun you really need one of the advanced weapon-making ports, like EDGE, Eternity or the next Zdoom.and maybe Vavoom can do it too but nobody uses that

That is very wrong. It can be done in Dehacked the same way you can make a double-barreled pistol. Link the first firing frame of your gun to a 0-length frame from anywhere else which uses the codepointer of another gun, then link back to the next X-length frame of your gun.