Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

Has anyone ever put a Heresiarch into Doom as a boss?

I was wondering because I'd like to use him as my head antagonist in my scripting project. EDIT: wow, I spelt his name wrong as it's spelt
Heresiarch goddamnit.

Awesome, thanks dude. Edit: Just finished playing it. Holy crap was that awesome. Cyb did a good job I must say.

Its probably in Earthbound doom as well, along with EVERY FUCKING ENEMY FROM EVERY FPS BEFORE QUAKE! (Except Robot maze, Wolf 3d, Blake stone, Strife, Blood, That Ultima one and the Windows 95 maze screensaver)

I really wanted to try EB Doom, but I don't like EDGE that much. The wad and files take like 234238492347239487 years to load anyway.

You can easily put a heresiarch into a doom level with zdoom. just port all the sprites for the dude (there's really alot of them, including his projectiles, the green dudes, etc etc) and then summon him in the console as "summon heresiarch" (sp?)

BlackFish said:

You can easily put a heresiarch into a doom level with zdoom. just port all the sprites for the dude (there's really alot of them, including his projectiles, the green dudes, etc etc) and then summon him in the console as "summon heresiarch" (sp?)

Yeah, but the thing is, you need to spawn him into the map with a script. I don't think you can put his editor number in the map and expect him to work properly.

You could always emulate him with DECORATE and then put him in the map by his doomednum.

Hmm -- sounds like a feature request! Redundant reference to already existing monsters in DECORATE (without redefining any properties except the doomednum) in order to have that doomednum to refer to him by in order to simplify placement. I'm lazy, though, so somebody else get over to the ZDoom forums and make the request.

There might already be a cleaner method of doing this. I'm a bit out of the loop lately.

Ultraviolet said:

You could always emulate him with DECORATE and then put him in the map by his doomednum.

Hmm -- sounds like a feature request! Redundant reference to already existing monsters in DECORATE (without redefining any properties except the doomednum) in order to have that doomednum to refer to him by in order to simplify placement. I'm lazy, though, so somebody else get over to the ZDoom forums and make the request.

There might already be a cleaner method of doing this. I'm a bit out of the loop lately.

We all are waiting for 2.0.64.

And no, you can't emulate the Heresiarch with the current feature set of DECORATE!

Ultraviolet said:

Is what I mentioned already an announced or expected feature of .64?

If I understand one remark of Randy correctly, yes. But I can't be sure until it has been released.