Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Doom3 in Doom2?

Sounds very cool, good luck on making the hand grenades bounce around the place! (Or whatever they're gonna do) :)

Document Unavailable
The document you requested is temporarily unavailable because this group has exceeded its download limit. Please try again later.

:(

Good work again.
The shotgun now looks a bit weak compared to the new machinegun and chaingun, does the same happens in DOOM 3? (I didn't played the game).

Very good work, it looks professional.

Does somebody know if there's a DOOM 3 texture wad? I downloaded a convertion of textures from DOOM 3 into DOOM 2 format, but they are as gif files, I don't know how to change that into an usable (in editors) wad.

Vegeta said:

The shotgun now looks a bit weak compared to the new machinegun and chaingun, does the same happens in DOOM 3? (I didn't played the game).

from what i've seen in screenshots and such yeah

Does somebody know if there's a DOOM 3 texture wad? I downloaded a convertion of textures from DOOM 3 into DOOM 2 format, but they are as gif files, I don't know how to change that into an usable (in editors) wad.

you could probably do it in xwe or something, the only doom related editor i've used is doombuilder and deepsea so i have no clue about xwe

Sorry, Quast... You will have to try and download it later...

I was working with edge and noticed something...

FOOTSTEPS! the marine will now have FOOTSTEPS... monsters and such will too.

Not physical imprints on the ground... but Footstep sounds.

Awesome.Are you gunna change the pistol zombie into a civillian zombie,and then make the shotgun and chaingunner like the Z-Sec zombies?

Hmmm... I'd probably need help with such a thing meh...
I'll give it a shot.

Finsihed Doom3 yet?

KRoNoS said:

FOOTSTEPS! the marine will now have FOOTSTEPS... monsters and such will too.

Not physical imprints on the ground... but Footstep sounds.

Woah, sounds awesome. I cannot wait for the next version!

This project kicks ass. Now I don't have to push my computer to the limit to enjoy the killer weapons from Doom3. And, it's a cool Edge project, and I love Edge projects.

I eagerly await the finished product!

Hmmmm.... well I suppose they'd still have to look the 'Doomified' counterpart of the doom3 ones.

I'll try the Z-sec Machinegun guys first.

KRoNoS said:

Hmmmm.... well I suppose they'd still have to look the 'Doomified' counterpart of the doom3 ones.

I'll try the Z-sec Machinegun guys first.

check PM...I don't know if I should post here

edit: I got the second dl now...checking it out now

edit2: why are there doom2.wad wall patches in the wad? lol like...every...single...one

Kronos, probably I can help you with "temporary monsters" (my reinterpreted DOOM 3 monsters), until you find a convertion of the DOOM 3 monsters models into sprites.

I can send you a preview if you are interested.

In a diferent topic, on wich maps/wads do you enjoy the most playing your mod, any suggestion? I usually play Close Combat, Map01, Map02, and Map32.

And then again..

GOOD WORK MAN!!
This really feel doomish and doom³ish ;-)

Just Normal Doom2... Mainly Map01 and Map02 for Test Purposes...
It'd get really hectic if I wasn't fixing ammo issues in the next version.

Pistol: 100%
Shotgun: 100%
Machinegun: 100%
Chaingun: 100%
Plasmagun: 70% - in next release. -WHAT A BITCH TO CODE THIS IS!

The Rest: 0%

Fx:
BulletPuffs: 100%
Imp Fireballs: 60%
Plasma Fire Balls: 70%
Ammo to Weapon Ratios: 45%
Hud: 60%
Other: 40%
Footsteps: 20%
Berserk: 100%
Pickup Sprites: 10%

Awww... Hell... I might even do some Textures n' Flats.

--Next Update Soon... Till then,

THANKING ALL OF YOU FOR DOWNLOADING AND SUPPORTING THIS WORTHY MOD!

Remember that for EDGE you dont need to replace the old enemies, you can make new ones!, For the zombies, just copy and paste the code for pinky, and make him slower and weaker, change the size and you've got an unarmed zombie (also give him a new, weakr attack if you feel like it), then all you need is the sprites, which Vegeta could take care of, or i could try spriting the doom 3 zombies, seeing as i am making loads of diffrent zombies for a wad i'm wotrking on (well so far i have a 'jeans and t-shirt' zombie and a traffic warden, and half a docker), they look a bit different to the 'doom style', but should be ok

I have an idea, what about to replace the DOOM 2 textures with DOOM 3 texts that look similar, it would mean some work, but it's not imposible to do, with this you could get maps with a DOOM 3 look (not architecture of course) any time you want, just loading whatever classic map and the texture wad at the same time.

I'll see if I can do it.

Vegeta said:

I have an idea, what about to replace the DOOM 2 textures with DOOM 3 texts that look similar, it would mean some work, but it's not imposible to do, with this you could get maps with a DOOM 3 look (not architecture of course) any time you want, just loading whatever classic map and the texture wad at the same time.

I'll see if I can do it.

yeah that would be better then just randomly replacing them, i could probably help, there's no point in replacing textures if they just make maps look weird and random

Caco-Puff said:

I think a whole new map pack would work a little better.

heh yeah, its a good thing that edge supports fully 3d architecture :) once i finish my current map i might move on and make a few maps for this

That would be good of you Dron...

Spriting of Doom3 Zombies... That'd be cool too... If they look a bit odd... I could recolour them if you didn't have the time/patience :)

AND...
Yes... A whole new map pack would be good... but... There's nothing like a temporary solution to ones prob.

So yes! similar Textures it is!

Next Release out on Sunday... -hopefully.

QUAST... Check your PM

If I find a texture wad, I'll make at least three levels (one base themed, one ruin, and one hell themed), large but linear so I can add more detail, and make it more like DOOM 3.

Kronos, I have sprites for the wraith, maggot, and civilian zombie (reinterpreted, not converted), I can send you them if you want, and a preview of the other monsters that I'm working on.

Oh, btw, the similar texture wad could be released as a separate mod, so it could be more customisable.

KRoNoS said:

That would be good of you Dron...

thanks, but like i said that won't be soon im working on a map right now and i'l only start making maps for this when i finish that. oh btw are you guys gonna replace all of the monsters (well at least those that have replacements) with those that were in doom3?

Hey Kronos, i sent you the EDGE flashlight, but i'm not sure if you got it, Dron didnt..check your email!

I know I got the flashlight - it's rather fun. I made a couple of enhancements to it, like smoothing out the animation a bit (just change the tic timers around), new impact sounds (makes sound when hitting people or walls), and a little click sound when you pull it out. I'm using this modified version in my own Edge mod (not intended to compete with this one though), but it's not too much trouble to crop out the modified version for Kronos to use.

I don't know I'll check Death... nope... if it's over 150k Hotmail reject's it unless it's streaming media or something...

PlasmaGun: 85%

HandGrenades: 30%

Ammo/Weapon Ratios: 100%
Berserk Thingo: 100%
Footsteps: 100%

Other stuff... about: 65%

Next Release Very SOON!

...don't ask when --I'll suprise you.

KRoNoS said:

if it's over 150k Hotmail reject's it unless it's streaming media or something...

get a free yahoo account the atttachment limit is a whoppin' 10 megabytes