Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

E1M5 Reincarnated

It's that time of the year again, when Agent Spork actually releases a map! This time around, it's another remake (originality is lacking)!

Behold! E1M5 Reincarnated, the sequal to that wad we all know and hate (er, or whatever :P), E1M3 Reincarnated. I decided to skip E1M4 because, well, I'd rather remake my favorite map in the whole game! Anyways, screeny time:

and of course, you can download the map here:
http://doomrealm.d-nation.org/downloads/sp_e1m5r.zip
http://doomrealm.d-nation.org/downloads/sp_e1m5r.txt (text file)

Hopefully my next map will be a little more original, eh? Hope you enjoy the map. Comments are greatly appreciated.

Nice. One question:

The text file says Skulltag but I can't find anything in there that is Skulltag specific. What keeps it from working with ZDoom? (Or is it just an error?)

Graf Zahl said:

Nice. One question:

The text file says Skulltag but I can't find anything in there that is Skulltag specific. What keeps it from working with ZDoom? (Or is it just an error?)

Err.. Oops.. Made a typo. Sorry about that. *fixes*

NiGHTMARE said:

Those are some kick arse new textures... ;)

Oh yes, the author must be a genius :P

Uh, man. Did you play your own wad in UV? Nice stuff generally, but I really disliked all these Hell Knight traps. The one in the classic room with the 4 was somewhat mean, even with the berserk, the 2 invisible (zdoom-ghost), and the ones at the exit. That's ging to cost health a lot and sometimes it's nearly unfair. How do you think one could kill them, esp. the 2 at the exit?
Starting from pistol start isn't a good idea either.

Cacodemon said:

Uh, man. Did you play your own wad in UV? Nice stuff generally, but I really disliked all these Hell Knight traps. The one in the classic room with the 4 was somewhat mean, even with the berserk, the 2 invisible (zdoom-ghost), and the ones at the exit. That's ging to cost health a lot and sometimes it's nearly unfair. How do you think one could kill them, esp. the 2 at the exit?
Starting from pistol start isn't a good idea either.

Hmm.. Yeah, I've played through the map at least 4 times to make sure there's enough ammo/health.. and have only died once. I found this map to be a piece of cake compared to E1M3 Reincarnated..

Heh, I am known for making some annoying traps, though. Especially when it comes to completely random Hell Knight battles. The two hell knights at the exit can be a pain in the ass, though. I suppose I *could* make it easier (as well as implement difficulty settings which I always forget to do for some reason)..

Nmn said:

Do You mind updating Your info on WIP?

I thought I did a couple days ago.. Hmm.

Yeah, difficulty setting might be nice. Of course it's additional work, but beginners don't get frustrated.
I start my stuff always with skill 4, and sometimes I wonder why it is so hard to beat. :)
Well, one could work through these 4 hell knights, with the normal shotgun & berserk (real men don't need bersek kits, I know! ;) ) but if you're low on health... uh. Not that good, esp. since you can't escape. The invisible ones, well, it's just an unfriendly surprise. Just the 2 ones at the end... they're really mean.

>Heh, I am known for making some annoying traps, though.
I made some ROTT levels, and after a few weeks I can't remember my own secrets and the traps I once built in with a mean smile keep killing me when I do balance testing...
But some traps just have to be. Adds the spice.