Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Megaman X Wad
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

Ah, yes, my first wad. Another video game converted into Doom 2. It's a wad about Doom monsters in Megaman X's world. I'm still trying to learn how to use WADAuthor and still working on it. Tell me what you guys think

Old Post 09-15-04 00:06 #
SerapphiMarbleManX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
engineer
what

Pics?

Old Post 09-15-04 00:12 #
engineer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

Yes, actually. A screenshot of this wad

Old Post 09-15-04 00:33 #
SerapphiMarbleManX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

I don't see any screenshots. It would be best if you actually showed us what you can do.

Old Post 09-15-04 00:34 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

Maybe you meant to put up a pic or a download????

Old Post 09-15-04 02:07 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Relica Religia
Asshole

If you have information (pics, etc.), then post them. No ground work = trashed.

Old Post 09-15-04 06:29 #
Relica Religia is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snarboo
Forum Staple

I think the only way you could pull this off is if you use ZDoom's hub feature so you could choose which boss to fight first. You could also make bosses more susceptible to one kind of weapon after you get it from another boss through scripting. I haven't really looked into editing with ZDoom, however, so I'm not sure what's possible.

Old Post 09-15-04 07:04 #
Snarboo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

I planned on using Zdoom scripting because I'm going to add Megaman robots and some bosses without replacing doom monsters. Except for the SS Soldier, that, I'm gonna replace. and I was going to make it that some of the bosses give you weapons after defeating them.

By the way, here is a screenshot

http://www.geocities.com/artstuff1232001/DOOM0001.png

It's a little big, I have to add, and I haven't completed replacing the wall and floor textures.
What do you think?

Old Post 09-15-04 22:00 #
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhhhhh

ROFL, BRILLIANT level design there

Some of those sprites arent TOO Bad, might want to add a bit of basic shading though, like a little bit of darkness near edges. Would give the sprites a more cartoony look, if megaman games are supposed to have a cartoony look that is, never played them

Old Post 09-15-04 22:18 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mivalekan

Not bad. You should make the sprites look less MSpainty and more realistic...y... like the other doom sprites. That would look nice. Also, angle the sprite for the buster cannon because it currently looks like he's aiming upwards rather than forwards.

Old Post 09-15-04 23:47 #
Mivalekan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Relica Religia
Asshole

Heh, if you can implement Dr. Light capsules, then I'd definitely play this.

Not too bad for a start, actually. Is this going to follow the plot of one of the X games, or is it totally original?

Good luck.

Old Post 09-16-04 00:02 #
Relica Religia is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

It's an original storyline, somewhere after X7, where doom monsters enter a portal and take over his world. his allies, Zero, and Axl will play a role in this. It will also have different surroundings, such as city, forest, sewers, ice, etc. I'm also going to go either all 32 levels or higher, depends on how many levels I plan on putting in. I've replaced Soulspheres and Megaspheres with Energy Tanks. Radiation Suits, Beserks, Invisibility, Invincibility with many types of armor. The fist and Chainsaw will be replaced with the X-Sabre and a Drill. Those are all the I've got so far.

*Whew*

Old Post 09-16-04 03:40 #
SirTimberWolf

cool beans...
hope to see this get worked on, I loved the X series

Old Post 09-16-04 05:22 #
SirTimberWolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkhaven
Banned

OMG HIGHWAY MAPS

SerapphiMarbleManX said:
I planned on using Zdoom scripting because I'm going to add Megaman robots and some bosses without replacing doom monsters. Except for the SS Soldier, that, I'm gonna replace. and I was going to make it that some of the bosses give you weapons after defeating them.

By the way, here is a screenshot

I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES
I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES
I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES

It's a little big, I have to add, and I haven't completed replacing the wall and floor textures.
What do you think?

One, you shouldn't replace existing textures. You are bound to run into texture size problems and the infamous "not enough textures to work with" problem. Just add new textures. Also, I may do a single map or mini-episode for this, if it will include Megaman X1 "Highway" style maps.

Old Post 09-16-04 17:03 #
Darkhaven is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SirTimberWolf

the highway maps were cool

Old Post 09-16-04 17:46 #
SirTimberWolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

Even though it's an original storyline, I am going to make remakes of the X stages. Ex: the highway from X1. I planned on doing that.

I'm still kind of beginning at this, so how do you add textures, monsters, levels, etc.?

Old Post 09-16-04 23:23 #
Darkhaven
Banned

Simply import your textures as patches of any name, and click "Add to Textures".

Old Post 09-17-04 00:45 #
Darkhaven is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx_resurrected
Mini-Member

I was at his house when he was making this. There is a lot more cool stuff he has got to show which he hasn't shown you guys yet. I had to tell him how to post the screenshots up so there may have been a little trouble in the beginning. Just to show you my friends are capable of doing cool things with doom. :)

Old Post 09-17-04 02:44 #
lupinx_resurrected is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

Darkhaven said:
Simply import your textures as patches of any name, and click "Add to Textures".

Oh....... and the monsters?

Old Post 09-17-04 03:02 #
Darkhaven
Banned

First, add a lump called "S_START" or "SS_START". Either one works. Then, import all your monster sprites after the "S_START" or "SS_START" entry, then make one final entry called "S_END" or "SS_END". Again, either one works. Then just hit clean up, and you're good to go. Also, since you're creating brand new monsters without replacing any existing Doom creatures, you probably want to have a look at this.

Also, if you want me to officially join this project, say so and I'm good to go (I'm really liking the concept behind this project). I'm working on several concepts with ACS scripting- ones that would stand out particularly are scripted HUDs, and an RPG system- that maybe I could let you use in the project.

Last edited by Darkhaven on 09-17-04 at 04:01

Old Post 09-17-04 03:56 #
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

Darkhaven said:
First, add a lump called "S_START" or "SS_START". Either one works. Then, import all your monster sprites after the "S_START" or "SS_START" entry, then make one final entry called "S_END" or "SS_END". Again, either one works. Then just hit clean up, and you're good to go. Also, since you're creating brand new monsters without replacing any existing Doom creatures, you probably want to have a look at this.

Also, if you want me to officially join this project, say so and I'm good to go (I'm really liking the concept behind this project). I'm working on several concepts with ACS scripting- ones that would stand out particularly are scripted HUDs, and an RPG system- that maybe I could let you use in the project.

If you're liking this project so far, I've got lots more to show. I could use some extra help. So, I'm saying You're in!

Old Post 09-17-04 04:17 #
Linguica

SerapphiMarbleManX said:
It will also have different surroundings, such as city, forest, sewers, ice, etc.
Wow call the originality police we have a suspect!

Old Post 09-17-04 04:22 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkhaven
Banned

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/4588/DOOM0019.png

Alpha version of MAP01: Destroyed Lab. As you can see, it's very early in development. However, if you look straight in front of you, you can see a close-to-done version of my rendition of Dr. Light's capsules. What do you thinking?

EDIT: Sorry about the image size. Removed the image and added a link.

Someone reply, please :(

Last edited by Darkhaven on 09-17-04 at 21:38

Old Post 09-17-04 05:17 #
Relica Religia
Asshole

Oooh, like at the very beginning of the story where Cain finds X? Nice. :D

Old Post 09-18-04 00:00 #
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

Wow! I think that's cool.
I'm redoing the sprites and maps. MAP01 is the destroyed Maverick Hunter base and MAP02 is the Highway. (based on X1 Intro)

Old Post 09-18-04 00:05 #
Bloodskull
Reputation is a bubble which a man bursts when he tries to blow it for himself.

Darkhaven said:
http://img90.exs.cx/img90/4588/DOOM0019.png

/me goes to implent this into Clan Domination in some other way. Of course you'll get credit for it, but it'll have diffrent texturing and stuff.

Old Post 09-18-04 02:57 #
Bloodskull is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx_resurrected
Mini-Member

Im joining. Heck, I was already partially a member for having the inside scoop. Thanks Serrephim.

Old Post 09-18-04 06:06 #
lupinx_resurrected is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SerapphiMarbleManX
Warming Up

No Prob.

Old Post 09-18-04 22:21 #
Tormentor667

Hehe, I really like it and I am looking forward to some more screenshots :)

Old Post 09-23-04 18:32 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

Hey, seraphiM, you should use doombuilder instead of wadauthor. First off, its more powerful, and secondly, it has a 3d mode so you can align textures while you look at them and walk around your level.

get it at:
http://www.doombuilder.com/builder_info.php

it'll make your editing go much faster, and it'll be easier!!

Old Post 09-24-04 00:13 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote