Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Russell_P

Romero Death Skittles is done!!

It's a bowling mod for ZDoom. It's not completely finished, it needs a bit of fine tuning, but I'm taking a break from this for a while. Look on this a public playtest or something. All comments are welcome.

Get it here (1.13mb)

Post your high scores here :)

here's another pic..

Spelling errors? I guess they may have slipped in. I was kind of rushing to get this project finished before my enthusiasm for it died. I'll happily admit that I spent more time worry about the scripting than worrying about spelling.

Ok I've done it.. got 15010 points got all bonuslevels and all. had alot of powerups left when I was done though. Will change tactics for next time. ;)

Absolutely loved the music btw. :D

Revenant100 said:

Just curious, how would you clear a whole frame without using a ball?

Use a "free ball" and get rid of everything with it

My high score: 18000. Used bonus levels (completely cleared bonus 3, by the way!), and was hurting pretty badly by the end (14hp).

Brilliant work.

I got 15750, but died on the very last frame :P Need to play it again to check out the final bonus round.

I love it though, good stuff. Strategy can be tricky since you can only use one powerup at a time. I'd say free ball is probably the most useful overall though.

excellent... I finished with a score of 14480 but I didn't get to play the final bonus level because I had to use three void spheres on the last frame... plus I had a couple powerups left like 3 free balls so I think I could have planned better at times

but anyways, really cool and fun to play

The score's so far are fair, but if you're thinking about what you're doing you should be able to get close to 30k. My average scores sit between 25k and 30k.

I only jumped about 1000 points on my second go (and once again died in frame 30), but I think I've got some new ideas now to try. It's very interesting as a strategy game.

22765 on my fourth (and first completed :P) game. A few hints:

• switching plain useless Romero pins to explosives can be really useful without impacting your score much.
  • armor is more important than health, especially at the start
  • reset the pins when you realize you have no hope of getting everything down. especially nice if you have a wrecking ball around.

Russell_P said:

My highest score so far is just over 36400, got it on a demo but it's probably as dull as hell to watch.

post it anyway, I want to look over your strategy :P