Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

Doom2-compatible city texture sets

Hoodle-Doodle! :D

...just kidding. Anyway, I need some recommendations or people's personal preferences for city-style building textures or texture sets which would intersperse relatively seamlessly with Doom2's texture set (cement, brown1, door1/3, flat14, floor1_6/7, silvers, comps, crates, etc.). Most of Doom2's city/brick textures are too run-down-looking for the area I'm trying to create. I don't mind some variety, but I don't want the player to feel like they're touring a brief timeline of FPS city architecture either.

Lüt said:

Anyway, I need some recommendations or people's personal preferences for city-style building textures or texture sets which would intersperse relatively seamlessly with Doom2's texture set (cement, brown1, door1/3, flat14, floor1_6/7, silvers, comps, crates, etc.)

If this is for Millenium, then this is the coming of the apocalypse! :P

gemini09 said:

I'd rather make something using the Batman Doom textures.

That's tremendous.

Searcher said:

There is a huge batch of choices here:

http://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures.shtml

Nightmare's (Nick B.) textures or even some of the others might fill your need, take a look.

Heh yeah I've been through those already. For some reason Nick's WAD was missing though, glad I got it again. There's a lot to choose from though, I was interested in anybody's personal preferences.

Danarchy said:

I think there are a few more that aren't on Afterglow's page that are here:

http://haunt.8m.com/textures.html

Nice, I forgot about these as well.

footman said:

If this is for Millenium, then this is the coming of the apocalypse! :P

No, it's for Millennium, but you might want to get your salvation sorted anyway :P

ravage said:

I'm working on stuff for you. :P

Which is great, but DOESN'T HELP IF I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS (hint: post in the forum).