Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mivalekan

Cold As Hell lag

Well, the new patch works and speeds the map up by a lot. I still have one problem, and it has to do with the weapons. Whenever I fire (or a monster fires, particularly the imp that fires 3 flames) I get a huge lag spike that reduces my FPS to 3-. Is there any way to speed this up?

Try diabling translucency and/or decals. To disable translucency, set R_DRAWTRANS in the console to 0. As for decals, there are several ways to do it, one way is to set CL_MAXDECALS to 0(or just a really low number if you must have decals of some kind. :P)

Like \o/
Nothing new tough ;)
Sorry for being nasty. After downloading files per 25 mb's each (3 times) the new version updated yadda yadda and it still lags I've pretty much given up on it.

What, you mean you've downloaded cah.zip (the big one) 3 times? Oops. That file hasn't changed.

The things to improve the framerate are two add-on patches, 871kb and 6kb in size.

link

The author kept saying he was posting an updated version (on WIP) 3 times /methinks, thus I grabbed each new version that came up. True, the file sizes differed, but each version was still the same-laggy. I'll check the patches then, promise.

MasterOFDeath said:

Try diabling translucency and/or decals. To disable translucency, set R_DRAWTRANS in the console to 0. As for decals, there are several ways to do it, one way is to set CL_MAXDECALS to 0(or just a really low number if you must have decals of some kind. :P)

Didn't work.