Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whenever I play a hexen map (Zdoom is the only thing that works. Every time I try with Jhexen or Legacy it crashes on startup) there's all these yellow/red !'s everywhere and a lot of the textures are just solid black. How do I fix this? ;/

hmm... could something be wrong with you hexen wad itself? Does it work when you use hexen.exe? I have seen those question marks in zdoom when i play unfinished wads or when i play legacy designed wads in zdoom.

Well to tell you the truth I downloaded it via Zlauncher :B. But all of the textures are there when I play the regular levels. It's just whenever I play a custom WAD that has black textures.

Well it doesn't crash with Legacy. The game doesn't even load. With Zdoom It works but i have the "!"s everywhere and blank textures. With Doomsday it crashes. I don't know why.

Mivalekan said:

With Zdoom It works but i have the "!"s everywhere and blank textures.

This sounds like you starting the game with the wrong IWAD. Are you sure you are using Hexen.wad?

Yeah, when it comes up with the box with the 3 IWads I have (Doom 2, Ultimate Doom and Hexen) I click on hexen and go. Maybe my Iwad is just gayed up or something. :O