Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco

CChest2.wad

Hey guys, got a question about the secrets on map 05. I was able to find all of the secrets except 1. I checked the map on the level using Prboom and found that it was apparently in the room where you get the red key behind the bookshelves. Does anyone know how to get the bookshelves to drop down to get to that secret?

Marco said:

Hey guys, got a question about the secrets on map 05. I was able to find all of the secrets except 1. I checked the map on the level using Prboom and found that it was apparently in the room where you get the red key behind the bookshelves. Does anyone know how to get the bookshelves to drop down to get to that secret?

Ah, I remember this. If I recall, I had no idea how I got it down, but I got onto the counter (by the computer and red key) and the bookcase spontaneously droppped. I guess try stepping around on that desk to see what happens.

On second glance. On the edge of that counter, against the wall where the red key is in, there is a linedef that drops the bookcase.

Oh and, this map ruled.

Edit: I realize I was confusing so...
Here
I circled (or elisped) the line you need to step over to make the bookcase drop.

Hope that works.

That did the trick dude. Thanks for the response. It is indeed an awesome and challenging level! :)

I actually found this to be a fairly easy level except for the very last monster that there isn't even enough ammo for. I find if you take this level slow and steady and use available cover well, it is actually pretty simple.

Agreed. Using the beserk as much as possible frees more than enough ammo to take care of the cybee at the end.