Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Console Doom 2

Console Doom 2 is a update to the current Console Doom megawad. For those who don't know what I am talking about, Console Doom is a megawad featuring all modified E1/E2/E3 levels from the Jaguar/GBA/PSX console Doom games. These console levels are very different from the oringinal, some levels have several removed areas, some contains new areas. Also, all the texture in the levels has been improved (no Sandy Peterson syndrome) and includes several Doom2 textures as well. In the PSX version, there are colored lightning, and several Doom 2 monsters thrown in as well. Along with the E1/E2/E3 levels are the exclusive levels found only on the PSX console Doom and all of the Doom64 levels (excluding the new TC levels).

The oringinal Console Doom wad only had several maps from both the Jaguar and N64 versions and not all of them. This version will have all maps and this time aimed for the Zdoom source port plus improvments to the PSX exclusive levels.

I would like post some screenshots and my site about this wad but unfortunely, its been taken down because of a lame grudge. Anyways I'll see if I can get a small site about this wad uploaded somewhere, but its more likey I won't get it done. I'll post further news about this wad on this thread...

The only difference in SNES version is distorted graphics. Other than that the levels are identical to the PC version. Besides, weren't there someone already doing the snes version?

Nope, that's not the only difference. Besides the missing levels (or rather, as a consequence thereof), the secret exit in episode 2 is placed in Refinery.

Fredrik said:

What about the SNES version?

Well there's people already making a SNES Doom TC, so I don't think there's really any point in him doing that.

Cool Kaiser, looking forward to it. If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to drop me a line.

Oh yeah, and if you would like to post some screenshots, you could always use THIS.

For uploadage use this:
1asphost.com
(this shit doesn't allow Zip files so name them like zip22, host and tell people to rename them before unzipping, but the thing is 100 MB free)
and for screenies:
imageshack.us

Nice, Console DOOM is one of my fav wads. Any chance for the Nightmare Spectre? Are you going to remove the D64 maps?

That's my point, they look out of place when they don't have the ingredients used in DOOM 64 Tc.

What about those of us who don't have the computer horsepower (more specifically, my graphics card) to run the Doom64TC, with the version of JDoom it's for, like me? (written in shame)
Anyway, glad to see this is underway, I'm especially happy about being to able to play the rest of the Doom64 maps in ZDoom :)

The SNES version of doom had really big sprites... The zombies were like 7 feet tall. :)
In all it was a fun game! Nintendo did a pretty good job for the time.

This is good to hear. The original Console Doom wad was what made me look into source ports, then soon after the D64 TC. I always preffered the console ports, mostly the PSX and N64 versions, but i played the SNES version before any of them, i always kinda liked the way it felt to. I do have versions of a number of PSX maps on a cd somwhere all fixed up with colord lighting, but it's for jdoom.

And yeah, as for the SNES version, im working a MOD hopefully to someday be a full TC, along with some other people contributing> I didnt start this project, but i've been doing all the updates recently, and started to put together a half assed site for it. If u actually managed to miss the thread, then take a look, it's near by:)

Nmn said:

Why should You keep them when we have Doom64TC?

Because due to the broken netcode in the TC. I want people to get the experience of D64 coop.. even if it means to sacrifice some stuff..

That makes more sense now.
If there's anything I would wish to see in this CDoom2 it would be... colored lighting!

Well, I for one am already looking forward to this - and I think the D64 levels should be part of it.

Sweet! The PSX version of Doom is awesome! Hey Kaiser, what's the stutus of Console Doom 2 at the moment? (out of curiosity mainly)

Denny said:

Sweet! The PSX version of Doom is awesome! Hey Kaiser, what's the stutus of Console Doom 2 at the moment? (out of curiosity mainly)

Right now I am exporting all of my maps from Console Doom1, sorting them out and getting ready to convert the other maps not in Cdoom1...

ShaneAmp said:

You didnt say when this may be released, is it well in the works, or are u just starting work on it?

What are you talking about? He just said how far along he is.

Kaiser said:
Right now I am exporting all of my maps from Console Doom1, sorting them out and getting ready to convert the other maps not in Cdoom1...

I'm not sure how much you know about zdooms scripting, but it would be awesome if you could separate the PSX doom and doom 64 maps into their own "episodes" that you could select from the menu.

I have yet to learn any of the new additions to acs after 1.22..

I had a start map in mind though (eg.Quake start map)

Captain Red said:

I'm not sure how much you know about zdooms scripting, but it would be awesome if you could separate the PSX doom and doom 64 maps into their own "episodes" that you could select from the menu.

That's very easy with the use of the old Mapinfo lump. Kaiser-refer to the Wiki, things have changed a lot :)