Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberDemonHunter

Need Tips for New Weapons!!!

Aight fine, Ill try to use better grammer. Damn, so bossy...Erm no I haven't filled out all the weapon slots, except for the midevil mod. The wad is gonna be for all of DOOM 2 not just Zdoom. The LOL gun idea is abnormal but it could be a good secret. Look for LOL in one of my weapons when my mod is complete >:D

Sorry by zdoom I meant a deh patch or not(different ports maybe?). But you've answered my question already so don't worry about it.

In the meantime let's see some screenshots!

Sry screens arent quite ready yet.. i havent really had time to do any work on DOOM lately, Ive been covered in homework. anyways, So far I think Ive found the weapons I would want. OK this mod is still wide open for suggestions so dont hesitate but here are the weapons that ive thought up so far...

Knife (takes the place of the fist, does the same amount of damage.)

Pistol (same as pistol in normal DOOM, I may redo the sprites so it looks more futuristic.)

Submachine Gun (fires bursts of 3 rapid pistol shots, like the rifle seen in the GSN#16: Toke Coop Testing server in Zdaemon.)

Assualt Shotgun (Same as normal shotgun except graphics redone May switch weapon slots with the Assault Rifle.)

Assault Rifle (rapid fire pistol shots. Like the chaingun if not stronger.)

Precision Rifle (accurate like a sniper rifle. I may or may not put a scope on it, alot of people say this takes away the DOOM feel. I need ur guys' feedback on this one.)

Plasma Rifle (same as normal one except redesigned)

BFG 9K (I havent decided what im going to do with this, I may have it normal, redesigned sprites, or maybe a different type of weapon fire.

Soul Cube type weapon (I wanted to do something like the soul cube, but not an exact copy. Maybe it could be like you take damage and trade it for damage to the energy. EX: fighting an imp, u use the soul cube type thing.. you take 50% damage but so does the imp, it would probably be used for some kind of boss. if not ill go with the normal soul cube hehe.

Holy Crap! I just realized I left out 2 of the games best weapons!!

Rocket Launcher (probably redesigned)

Chainsaw ( I might make it like a laser chainsaw where instead of a chain its like a neon blue laser chain, it will still have the same behaviour. I dont think Ill need to redesign the CS, except for the chain)

I think I might also put in a Grenade Launcher and maybe some other weapons. I need your guys' opinions and feedback.I think the limit is 14 weapons, and 13 are here...

For a while now, all i've pretty much wanted is a weapons mod that stays fairly close to the original, with enough differences to make the weapons interesting again (new models for them, slightly different speed/damage ratios, stuff like that). I really like the whole weapon system in doom 2.5 but im not a big fan of the edge engine, im much more of a zdoom guy...but the weapon graphics were good, it was fairly well balanced (with the exception of the overpowered shotgun guy) and those hand grenades were just plain friggen fun to use.

-Anyway, from the looks of your weapons mod thingamajic it looks like you're trying to go pretty far from the original so...I don't know why im typing this.

(I'm amazed some kind of crappy Halo weapon mod hasn't come out yet, now that i think about it)

lol 2day i went out wit jake n we did sum coke n w/eva n tehn it trunde out he ws gay> god i h8 wen i founds out when mi frends r fuken fagits LOL u no? but i was thinken i mite be 2

currant mood: gay LOL J/K NO not gay just happy k l8r boiz

Killionaire said:(I'm amazed some kind of crappy Halo weapon mod hasn't come out yet, now that i think about it) [/B]

Caligari (I think) of the ZDoom forums posted one once, but it didn't change the Chainsaw or BFG, and I don't have it anymore.

Ultraviolet said:

lol 2day i went out wit jake n we did sum coke n w/eva n tehn it trunde out he ws gay> god i h8 wen i founds out when mi frends r fuken fagits LOL u no? but i was thinken i mite be 2

currant mood: gay LOL J/K NO not gay just happy k l8r boiz

lol and u guys thought I spoke poorly.. the weird thing is..i understood every bit of that... anywayz that has nuthing to do with weapons..

bah, I meant a DM one that would launch collectable chainsaws at your opponent forcing him to switch weapons :P

Killionaire said:

(I'm amazed some kind of crappy Halo weapon mod hasn't come out yet, now that i think about it)

Actually, there was one, you can find it for zdoom in wadsinprogress.info. It is crappy too.

Recently I found some HL2 pistol graphics lying around, but only the firing animation was there. I took the shots with a model when I tried the HL2 beta that was leaked before the game's release. Using just those frames, I have created a very faithful recreation of the original(with three randomizing muzzle flashes, little spurt of smoke and bullet casing), for EDGE.

I know this must sound completely unrelated but this is a weapon mods forum. If anyone's interested I can send it to them, it's only one weapon replaced so not worth putting up on my site.

Heh, I also tried sticking HL2 textures into doom using EDGE's high-res 32-bit color PNG support. Looks nuts.

Chrono_T said:

Nick, I request that pistol please.

Ok. I'm going to send it, but due to the fact that the muzzle flashes are separate png images they dont clip properly with the pistol... just thought i'd let you know. I'll fix it eventually. All the folders will be in the zip, simply unzip it to your doom directory and use the -file command, the png's will be in their own folder.

make sure you have edge 1.29 RC1, available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2232&package_id=139165

EDIT: Note that I had no reload frames so i used the firing animation frames for a reload.

Thanks. Oh hey, and also could you send your ICD pistol thingy that you made before as well? And anything else that you have unreleased (that arn't being made) to the gmail account? TIA.

And why? Rescorces my friend, rescorces.

And also about the pistol thing, don't worry about it, i'll make my own.

EDIT: I still don't have the pistol or anything in my gmail account yet.

sorry i had no time to send it last night!

they'll be on their way now. Just make sure to credit me in your readme files if you use any of my stuff(even if its a rip at least say i ripped it).

Thanks man, and don't worry about that rip, i'm not an Nmn. Oh and tell me when they are sent. Thanks again.

I sent it, but got this error message:

Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:
gmail.com
DATA
Received: 552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment

So here is the e-mail and some good news:

"For hl2_pistol.zip, all the necessary folders are included in there so you can extract directly to your doom folder without worry of messing things up. It also includes instructions on how to run it.

For np_m92f.zip, of course it needs ICD-SE to run properly, and it replaces the 1911 and dual 1911s with berettas. The older copy for 3 years actually didn't even work properly- I updated it today and noted so in the text file.

If by some chance you lose these wads, I have uploaded them onto my website for safekeeping.
Also, if you're a fan of EDGE mods, be sure to follow the progress of the mod I'm working on.
freewebs.com/mouac is the URL.

Have fun!"

So there you go. You can just grab them both from my webpage.

Yeah, the gun works superb. It's just that due to the gloves, I can't use it for a mod. I need it with the doomguy's hands and arms.

Well, you could either do it yourself, or, you could ask me to do it and I will eventually although how soon is an unanswerable question. But even once you have the gloves on it, the gun still looks non-doomish.

OK here is the official list of all the weapons I have for my first weapons mod:

1-Knife 1-Plasma Saw
2-Pistol
3-Sumbmachine Gun
4-Auto Rifle 4-Assault Shotgun
5-Rocket Launcher 5-Hand Grenades
6-Plasma Rifle
7-BFG 9K 7-Soul Cube

That Is all the weapons that will be in my mod, Also It may seem alot like the Doom3 weapons, but they only things that have changed are the Chaingun, Hand Grenades, and Submachine Gun. Also I decided to combine the Precision rifle with the Assault rifle to make the auto rifle, which fires as fast as the chaingun but is much more accurate. Well as soon as im not stacked with work I'll release some screenshots...

Mine now..MUAHAHA!! lol jk, A plasma whip would be hard to make, so I'll let you have it. My mod is mostly replaced sounds and sprites. Thx for the idea though :)