Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Crap wads.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bejiitas_wrath
Mini-Member

I am wanting to put up a list of the worst Doom2 wads imaginable and I am wanting some feedback on what are the candidates for such a list.

http://bejiitas_wrath.tripod.com/doom_files.htm

I have put one wad on this page, but I need some more to flesh it out.

I want wads that are totally donkey blowingly horribly bad. The worst ugly crap to make a good list.

PS: I have updated my new project here:

http://www.geocities.com/hungry_mancubus/play.zip

I have added some monsters from the Monsters resource wad & fixed the MAPINFO lump.

I have also added a simple map for the TITLEMAP lump.

Old Post 04-18-05 02:52 #
bejiitas_wrath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Imp
I'LL CUT YOU BITCH!

Doom Rampage Edition

Old Post 04-18-05 04:23 #
Imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Just download any random wad off the iDGames archive and you'll be bound to find something crappy

Old Post 04-18-05 04:27 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Especially in the ports section; most of those have VPOs and HOMs everywhere.

bejiitas_wrath said:
I am wanting to put up a list of the worst Doom2 wads imaginable and I am wanting some feedback on what are the candidates for such a list.

http://bejiitas_wrath.tripod.com/doom_files.htm

I have put one wad on this page, but I need some more to flesh it out.

I want wads that are totally donkey blowingly horribly bad. The worst ugly crap to make a good list.
What a waste of bandwidth.

The worst wads are the unplayable ones. After those, the ones not worth playing more than once, and then the ones that look so bad it's hard to play them more than a handful of times.

Old Post 04-18-05 04:55 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

Heh, my D-zone cd is chocked full of them! :D
I'll send you some, if you want?
One wad that come to mind is firepit!.wad, it was a bunch of large rooms filled to the top with monsters, deffinatly fun for co-op in 1996! :P

Old Post 04-18-05 06:00 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SSWolfenSie

DOOM JR.

Old Post 04-18-05 07:48 #
SSWolfenSie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Haha I got one made myself along time ago..if you want i can send it to you or something

Old Post 04-18-05 07:57 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lerner

Eh, I was looking around and found that new110.zip had some of the worst crap this side of DRE.

Old Post 04-18-05 08:37 #
lerner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Searcher

The old stuff chronicles on these boards should show you some real crap.

Say anything rated below 25 % or so. There are a load of them in those lists.

Old Post 04-18-05 19:36 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

The oldstuff cronicles took up old gems from the early years that had been good dispite the good deal of crap that was made back then because of people not being familiar with the new tech in Doom. So if you want crap wads, you shouldn't go to the oldstuff cronicles.

That being said, there's no percent rating of the wads so I have no idea what you may be reffering to really.

Old Post 04-18-05 20:28 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chrono_T

Man I want to play DRE so much just to see it's craptastically crapness.

Old Post 04-18-05 20:31 #
Chrono_T is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

kristus said:
The oldstuff cronicles took up old gems from the early years that had been good dispite the good deal of crap that was made back ... That being said, there's no percent rating of the wads so I have no idea what you may be reffering to really.
He was no doubt referring to the New Oldstuff Chronicles.

One could also look in Doom Underground for any wads scoring zero.

Old Post 04-18-05 20:40 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhhhhhh

What about Grimm's mini-reviews? he's trying to review everything in the /doom folder (non ports), so search that site for crappy ones

Old Post 04-18-05 20:56 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xenophon

wow.wad

But only since you're posting the wads and not the text files.

Old Post 04-18-05 21:22 #
Xenophon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Xenophon said:
wow.wad
But only since you're posting the wads and not the text files.

I made my own wow.wad same layout but with more detail to it,i did it just for fun dunno if im gonna release it though.

Old Post 04-18-05 21:41 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

I've just scoured my /newstuff reviews and here's a list of the worst ones from them (in order of appearance in T/nC):
Nightmares of Loki 1999
LabrinthV2
WhiteKnuckle
ASSHOLE!!!
Amazing
Female Doom
Sadhus Chauffeur Trio
Bjarne
crappything
ASSENT
TsotsoFx
Enjoy, or whatever.

Old Post 04-18-05 21:46 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Draconio
Ack! Ack! Ack!

I've played a lot of maps that suck, but thankfully I don't remember all of them. Here are a few that I remember that I haven't seen people mention here yet. Some of them might have a few redeeming factors, either by actually having some good element or being so weird as to be rather interesting, but they are all IMHO pretty bad.

00_e2m8
Days of Xornox
The Painful Castle of Horror
I am Evil 1 (I only played the first one, but I bet the rest of this series sucks too. Probably on purpose, but whatever.)
Tri-mangle
The Ultimate Battles
The Lion's Den
BEAT THIS!!!
Abiosis!
Are you a Man? (RU_A_MAN.WAD)

Old Post 04-18-05 23:07 #
Draconio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MasterOfPuppets

lamedoom unfunny joke wad, yet charmingly horrible.

Old Post 04-18-05 23:30 #
MasterOfPuppets is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fiend

There's my joke wad, which flopped horribly because of its... uh... uber-crappiness.

Uber Crap:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12766

Also, "Infected Telecom Stations"

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13279

Last edited by Fiend on 04-18-05 at 23:52

Old Post 04-18-05 23:43 #
Fiend is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snarboo

Toons for Doom part 2 is pretty terrible.

Old Post 04-19-05 04:15 #
Snarboo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kristian Ronge

All I can say is ... This SUXX!

Even did a demo collection for it (which SUXX too!). :-)

Old Post 04-19-05 11:28 #
Kristian Ronge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Grazza said:
He was no doubt referring to the New Oldstuff Chronicles.

Ooooh, I never seen those.

Old Post 04-19-05 12:01 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MasterOFDeath

Grazza said:
I've just scoured my /newstuff reviews and here's a list of the worst ones from them (in order of appearance in T/nC):
Nightmares of Loki 1999
LabrinthV2
WhiteKnuckle
ASSHOLE!!!
Amazing
Female Doom
Sadhus Chauffeur Trio
Bjarne
crappything
ASSENT
TsotsoFx
Enjoy, or whatever.

Hey thanks for mentioning ASSHOLE!!! and crappything for me and Xaser already. I was going to say crappything anyways.

$20 goes to whoever can help me figure out what I was high on when I made that...

Old Post 04-19-05 12:48 #
MasterOFDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote