Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm like 67.5% sure there's a rule against this in the FAQ, let me go check...
Guess not.

Thank god for you, DarkShadow. Thank god.
I haven't been able to access WIP for a good 6 months now. This is great!

I will add one later today Ellmo :) the site is still in its infancy and i am still working the ports and .exe's that people are still using in a big way :)

No, you're not, and I'll tell you what's wrong. I went there since I couldn't use WIP. I submitted info and screens and a webpage for MoUAC about 2 months ago, and they still haven't put it up in the doom section. Anyway, ModDB isn't a good site for doomers, its too universal.

I really like this new forum so far.

I'll admit it's got a nice... I dunno... atmosphere or something, maybe because Dark_Shadow is so friendly :)

But it's just a forum at the end of the day. I mean, to post images you have to already have a site somewhere where you previously uploaded images and so on.

I suppose it IS useful as a centralised meeting point for Doom TC developers, but then we have this forum for that don't we?

But the ones on Darkshadow's forum, like the posts on WIP, are development journals. If you posted that stuff here, it would be gone in a week.

Good point. Now I'm starting to see its use.

Come on guys! Dark has taken his time to create a forum where fellow doomers can post pics, have diary of how their mods are going and the atmosphere is realy warm. Please sign up.

Uh, why not use this forum on DW? DW gets a lot more traffic than your own page I imagine, and I've been using it as a sort-of WIP for a while.

Yeah, but on here your project lasts for about 1 week or two. Because of the samller amount of people, your project will always be available to see.

evilhomerdoomer said:

Yeah, but on here your project lasts for about 1 week or two. Because of the samller amount of people, your project will always be available to see.

And because of the smaller amount of people, less people will see your project. If you update your project with new screens etc., add a reply to it and it'll go back to the top of the first page, simple as that.

zarkyb said:

And because of the smaller amount of people, less people will see your project. If you update your project with new screens etc., add a reply to it and it'll go back to the top of the first page, simple as that.

Ahh, but people will probably take more interest in your project aswell in a smaller community. And the forums are more specific.

Or you can just do like sitters does and post them on WIP, Dark Shadow's forum, NewDoom, and here at Doomworld.

That way you get all your bases covered.

On top of that, if your mod requires a specific port, you can post them at that ports forums as well.

Go pimp crazy! :p

boris said:

That should always work. I know some people have problems that are not related to the DNS problem, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Well, for a lot of people, WIP used to work just fine. Now it doesn't for a lot of people (no matter which address is used), so clearly the problem isnt on our side.

Nuxius said:

Or you can just do like sitters does and post them on WIP, Dark Shadow's forum, NewDoom, and here at Doomworld.

That way you get all your bases covered.

On top of that, if your mod requires a specific port, you can post them at that ports forums as well.

Go pimp crazy! :p

I post them on four forums be course people ask me. WIP works for me fine, I have from all the links of WIP a bookmark and walks true them till one works, no problem.

Greetings.

I have from all the links of WIP a bookmark and walks true them till one works

Yeah, I have to do the same thing. Gotta chase that buger down! Roundup the WIP! *grabs lasso*

geez people...i jsut posted the link for people ot join up IF they had issues with WIP...didn't mean to start a debate over WIP and other posting places...ouy..try to do something nice and people get all argumentative :P some admin delete this damn thread already :P

Where's the argument? All I can see is a not especially heated discussion.

No, but people aren't really staying on topic. The point was a place to post pics.

Nick Perrin said:

Well, for a lot of people, WIP used to work just fine. Now it doesn't for a lot of people (no matter which address is used), so clearly the problem isnt on our side.

I know about the problem, and I can even tell you since when the problem exists: since 59 days, 4 hours and 24 minutes. And I know that it's a DNS problem. But I don't know why the problem exists, it just doesn't make sense. wadsinprogress.info still points to my old IP, even though my DNS uses the new one. You can even try that out yourself. Run nslookup, let it use paci-fist.org as DNS and let it look up wadsinprogress.info, it will point to the correct IP. But for some reason it seems to fail to propagate. Actually it seems to propagate, but then the DNS servers fall back to the old IP after some time. Really confusing. Plus my WoW addiction is not really helping to solve the problem.

boris said:

Plus my WoW addiction is not really helping to solve the problem.

It seems everyone who has that game is addicted to it.
Anyway, whatever, if there's nothing you can do it about its okay. These new forums don't have as big of an audience but they're still good!