Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RickTaylor13

Collector's Edition DOOM [WolfenDOOM question]

Hi, I just resently bought The Collector's Edition Doom from Wal*Mart and started to downloadsome Mods, mainly WolfenDOOM and after I get the game all set up I fight my way to the first Boss(Hans Gross) he starts shooting at me and the words BAD PATCH appear in the air. Wuts up with that? Also, after finding out I have to kill him by shooting him in the legs he doesn't drop the gold key like he is supposed to. Does the DOOM collection us the 1.9 version? If not how do I find what version it is? I am useing zDoom(witch I have gotten to work with all the WolfenDOOM mods befor) and I have checked and dubble checked to make sure the shortcuts are named right. Can someone please help?

Some of the Wolfendoom mods use a custom engine. I don't know whether this one is among them.

Yeah, I seem to recall the engine was precisely one based on MBF that, among perhaps other things, made a boss drop a key.

RickTaylor13, are you loading the applicable DeHackEd patch?

The IWADs of the DOOM Collector's edition are indeed all v1.9.

DeHackEd patch? I don't know what you mean... I had a copy of DOOM II like last year and used zDoom and all the WolfenDOOM mods worked fine then. I just tryed PrBOOM and it wont work right eather. Hmm... I'll try downloading the mods again with something like DAP insted of the windows download manager to see if that works. But if anyone has any more ideas please post em.

There's a sprite that's an illegal size that replaces the baron's fireball (which is what Hans Grosse fires in reality in WolfenDoom...) Originally, this sprite would not show up at all, but in some ports, illegal sized sprites show up as 'bad patch'.