Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bank

Have you Played this Wad? [Dark Covenant]

Hey, I was searching around a few days ago for some good Wads, I searched through the idgames archive, and found this Wad, it's called Dark Covenant and I am completely blown away! It is completely awesome! It has some of the best trigger-based play I have ever experienced, and taught me the phrase "Just because the door doesn't need a key doesn't mean you can open it just by pressing spacebar!". Not only is the gameplay great, but some of the levels are beautifuly made and original, not to mention, the entire music score is new! So, check it out, I think it's pretty rad.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=6254

No, I can't map for shit, although I'm working on, get this, my fist wad!

Meh, it didn't impress me that much. Some parts are pretty good though and it's nice that they included Metallica music. (Thank god nothing from the ST. Anger album)

Kristian Ronge said:

I believe "Dark Covenant" is Erik Alm's favourite WAD of all time.

He wrote here:

This was one of the first pwads I played back in 1996 and it is what inspired me to get into doom mapping in the first place. Legendary! //Erik Alm

He also recorded some nice demos on it.

I'd say it's pretty good - it made my list of recommended episodes.

He also mentions "Dark Covenant" as a favourite WAD in his SDA profile. Hm, he lists quite a few other WADs there... maybe "Dark Covenant" isn't really his absolute favourite, then...

Well it did rank up with titles like AV, Ruinbros, and Nimrod, so, it's seems pretty good to me!

Comiclez said:

No, I can't map for shit,

Me neither. I map for fun.

It's at least the wad I have the most emotional attachment to. Sure, it's not technically perfect, but it's extremely innovative for it's time and it's a lot of fun to play.