Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr.Doom

A big project

Base 43 has been undergoing completion for over a year now and its finally complete. Base43 is a DM wad using scripts for complex commands such as sparks, realistic elevators, and even moving clouds (yea, they REALLY move :P). You can get it at this website, http://www.freewebs.com/mydoom/thebase43project.htm

You can read the stuff at the top or just skip down to the bottom and get the wad, either way you're gonna have fun with this one. I hope you enjoy! :)

A few BIG notes
-You absolutely MUST have Plutonia.wad to play Base 43
-For mappers, the configuration is Skulltag (Doom in Hexen), additional flats and textures from WAD (Plutonia.wad)
-If you take this WAD and turn it into something of your own, I will be VERY mad at you! :P

It needs a lot of work. There are numerous texture misalignments and textures that need to be unpegged. Weapon placement needs to be rethought. You may also want to raise the ceiling a bit more at the top of that one staircase near the chaingun. One bumps their head against it when running. Also consider "hollowing" that raising sector that contains the grenade launcher and rockets so that the sprites dont appear to be flashing through the wall.

Edit: Oh, I didnt know about the need for plutonia.

Edit2: Ok, just ran it with plutnia. I see the sky is what it should be.

Hey thanks for the reply and advice. But I'd like to mention that the grenade launcher is supposed to be flashing through the wall (so the player gets supicious. Also, there is another thing (you may not have noticed). There is no shadowing except for on the grenade launcher, I can explain this. After I made the wonderful moving clouds (Plutonia required) I was thinking about day and night transition, as you would know after it returned to day again all the sectors would have to return to their normal light level. So I made it easy and changed them all to 255 (max). My original tecnique was to just delay 2000 tics then in 300 tics change the brightness level. I wanted a more realistic approach, 2000 tics from the start of when the player spawns until it goes dark. But this is fairly impossible because to have a light take 2000 tics to darken then brighten up again, Doom itself would have to be chopped into little glitchy bits of gameplay (which I would rather not have in my wad). So I had been left with all sectors on maximum light level. O yea, there is one ultimate secret. The first switch is in the kitchen hidden behind a wall, you must shoot it, (I hope you can figure it out from there.)