Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Adding MP3 and MOD In Doom!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drav35

I want To know how you put Mp3's In Doom Wads!

Old Post 10-21-01 12:58 #
drav35 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

use zdoom. rename a lump to something that stands out (no d_*), then, rename the mp3 you wanna put in to .lmp. then, with wintex, you select the lump that's in the wad (whatever you renamed it to), then you goto "Load entry from file". you select your mp3, rename it to d_whatever (replace whatever with proper song name like runnin or stalks), and viola! you can play mp3s and mods in zdoom. make sure you have a recent 1.23 beta, cause mp3s and mods in 1.22 sound like utter shit.

Old Post 10-21-01 13:57 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
X-DOOM

i use wintex for that !

1-
rename the music file with the lump extension (.lmp)

2-
Open wintex and go to the DataLump section.

3-
Load entry files and choose COLORMAP

4-
select you music file .lmp

5-
rename the COLORMAP with D_andyourfilename

6-
Save your wad

7- try your music wad and ENJOY !

Old Post 10-23-01 04:23 #
X-DOOM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Uh, remember mp3 only works with zdoom 1.23 or above, not 1.22

Old Post 10-23-01 05:13 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
X-DOOM

yes, but i think it's start at ZDoom 1.23 Beta 7 to Beta28A

Old Post 10-23-01 07:24 #
X-DOOM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ViperBoy

What about Edge then ?

Old Post 10-26-01 08:57 #
ViperBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

edge is a bit more complicated. you have to edit the playlist.ddf file, with the following:

[???] MUSICINFO=MP3:FILE:"mp3\\whatever.MP3";

that would play a mp3 called whatever.mp3 in a sub-directory (of edge) called mp3. you can change the dir to whatever (or put in none, just remove mp3\\) and it'll work. but the mp3 player isn't exactly the greatest. and change the ??? to any number that isn't being used.

Old Post 10-26-01 11:32 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote