Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RICH-WADS

here they are. screenshots

I played it. It's a bit too hard, since you start off with too many monsters already seeing you, and only a pistol to fend them off with. You do however get a chaingun and shotgun from the respective guys, but there's not enough ammo to go around. There also seems to be no way to progress, since there's a dead end with an non-working elevator, a hole which leads no where, and a red door, in which you cannot open since the red key is inaccessible.

RICH-WADS said:

its better than wow.wad for my first try actually(...)/B]

I don't think comparing Yourself with wow.wad is a wise thing :/

I agree with you that your wad is not as bad as wow.wad, if this is your very first wad its not bad imo.
Actually its better than my first creations, so im curious what else you got on your hard drive.

Don't compare your wad with something else it will only make you feel bad, I stopped doing that a long time ago.
Because I always came to the conclusion that my wads where not as good as the other ones.
And ended up scrapping the whole thing because of that bad feeling I got.
Just make wads like you want them to look, feedback is good but keep your owns ideas in mind.
Good luck on your future work, play other wads and learn from them:)

my second wad i made has no text file. its a really wierd wad its called sky of doom.wad

i will post it once i find it on my hard drive

i will have to put it into a zip file its standalone

this is the same guy that said "I'm pretty good at making doom wads, all my friends love playing my wads..."

ok. this wad is hillarious after looking at it yesterday. i now remember what an awfully huge wad this is. this wad is HUGE!!! ok i will tell you a description of this level

this level is called sky of doom. the floor texture is sky and so is the sceiling texture. this level was made to kill time it is a very very very very long mass of endless corridoors that go on and on and on it was fun to make but probably not fun to play. i made this wad too long. at least at the end you get teleported into an abandoned german libary. that is the very end part of the wad. then you have to defeat the cyberdemon in the end

there is 840 verticites in this thing. each corridoor is about a mile long this wad will test your weapons

there is 633 things in this wad including monsters pickups ect.

and 50 sectorsn and looks very mixed up from a birdseye view

it is amazing how huge and long these corridoors are

i will post it soon

its sooooooooooooooooooo long

RICH-WADS said:

Wow, 50 sectors is gigantic. Give yourself a pat on the back, no one has ever made a map that big before.

RICH-WADS gushed:
it is amazing how huge and long these corridoors are

Yes, because everyone wants to play a map with looooooooooooooooooong, huge and boring corridors.

RICH-WADS threatened:
i will post it soon

From the above description I'm pretty sure you'll get laughed off the board for posting a download link to it, but whatever floats your boat...

RICH-WADS said:

its sooooooooooooooooooo long

That's what she said.

EDIT: Just played your "endeless" sky of Doom wad, it's not bad if you like running down bland, featureless corridors with the sky as the floor and ceiling. Also LOVE how you get attacked violently right from the start, that was mighty white of you to go out of your way to set up something like that.

"JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THAT YOU KNEW WHERE YOU WERE GOING, YOU END UP HERE"

This thread wins on so many levels. Can't wait to see your map in /newstuff! :P

From Hell:

RICH-WADS said:

hello. i am new here and i have been making some wads for a while. i am very good at making wads. all my freinds love my wads and my wads are worth playing

now its your choice what type of wad you want me to upload. i would like to post up a small wad just to START MY WADS OFF

MOST OF MY WADS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AND IF YOU CAN POST UP SOME BUGS IN THE WADS I WILL TRY TO FIX THEM

PS. MY LATEST WAD IS CALLED YAMEKAN CITY, ITS PRETTY SMALL ISH

Nuff said.

RICH-WADS said:

this level was made to kill time it is a very very very very long mass of endless corridoors that go on and on and on it was fun to make but probably not fun to play. i made this wad too long. at least at the end you get teleported into an abandoned german libary. that is the very end part of the wad. then you have to defeat the cyberdemon in the end

Wow. Just wow.

It seems that someone needs an enema. I understand that you don't like the wad but such a long and agresive post? (specialy the you suck at life part). Come on..

I didn't tried the maps (the descriptions, screenshots, and opinions were enough), but I have to agree, you don't need to post every wad you make. Before uploading ask yourself this question "would I play a wad like that if I find it in the web?", if your answer is a honest yes, then go for it, otherwise, keep the wad for your personal use (wich is not a shame).

RICH-WADS said:

You call that big my map im working on uses 2486 sectors so far.
That damn obsession of mine to create highly detailed maps :(
Ah well going to playtest your map, lets see if I can get some cool ideas from it.

sory for not posting for so long i have been making lots of wads and i totally forgot about this forum

how do you get your wads in the newstuff section

also i would like to post a wad called libarary.wad its a small map with plenty of book shelves a computer-map that you cannot pick up on purpose it looks like a computer screen. lots of men to kill at the start

-features-

1) a story telling area
2) a reading area
3) a picture on a different texture illusion
4) long corridoors
5) a book area with teleporter
6) a rooftop balcony directly above the libarary

there is a few bugs in this level and i dont have a clue why

1) keys missing in levels but shown on editor
2) some monsters and pickups missing
3) some obstacles and decoration missing especially in seat area

i listened to the people about posting wads that you dont like in so i will post this one above

libarary.wad is the 10th level i made

also how can you put music and sound into their own wad files off your harddrive. i have some sounds and midi that i would like to make into a wad

not everyone is computer savvy. be nice to the new ones.
(RICH, take your time with EVERYTHING concerning forum etiquette, these kids will try and bite your head off.)