shotgunmasacre2

Best levels/wads of all time.

A list of possible Top 5 Megawads is:

1. Alien Vendetta
2. Memento Mori
3. Hell Revealed
4. Memento Mori 2
5. Aliens TC

These are arguably the Top 5 of all-time...others will obviously disagree, but these are definitley among the super-elite.

I'm a TeamTNT fanboy, I am in love with Daedalus, and Icarus isnt too far behind. Eternal Doom was kickass, and Final Doom is my favourite of all commercially released Doom Iwads.

Scuba Steve's:(unnecessary colon) Action Doom is one of my favourite wads of all time as well, Scuba Steve, if you're listening from your clouds in heaven, you're my god.

Enjay's Marine Assault and Operation Overlord rate highly on my list.

I begrudgingly add Zen Dynamics to the list despite it seeming a little mishmash, though still rather high-quality.

Action Doom here, as well.

Titan.wad(?). Had a badass last map which I won't spoil, suffice to say it's a shining example of what a ZDoom wad can and should look like.

Massmouth and Mock2. =^D

Yeah, Overlord and Zen are lots of fun.

OTOH, Action Doom isn't.

If you meant the one that used Hectebi in the last map, yes, it's titan.wad.

I include Action Doom less because I'm a fan of its gameplay (it'd be fine if there was a wider variety of enemies) and more because it pulls off some cool/thrilling/dramatic/etc. moments with the ZDoom engine in very creative manner, not to mention a good deal of humor.

At least IMHO it does so.

Not mentioned yet, so I throw in hell's twisted influence (hti), demon sanctuary 2 (demnscnry2), most maps made by sailor, Nocturnus.
Really love hi-tech hell2, (hth2).

ps:Dron, europa 3 dark side of vrack ?
(eaeuro03)

KwadDamyj said:

(it'd be fine if there was a wider variety of enemies)

Sorry it only has troopers, ninjas, chaingunners, imps, demons, Barons of Hell, impheads, aliens, tanks, turrets, slugs in boxes, giant squids, enormous computers, giant mother demons and mutated versions of the player... I'll be sure to make more next time.

Scuba Steve said:

Sorry it only has troopers, ninjas, chaingunners, imps, demons, Barons of Hell, impheads, aliens, tanks, turrets, slugs in boxes, giant squids, enormous computers, giant mother demons and mutated versions of the player... I'll be sure to make more next time.

Yeah Steve you slacker. 15 different types of enemies in 4 levels? I mean come on :P

As for the topic of this thread, I really hate "best of" lists cause they're so pointless and usually miss some excellent stuff. But if you stuck a gun to my head I'd say Mordeth Episode One (for great atmosphere and artistic consistency) and anything by Chris Lutz (for sheer mind blowing detail and creativity). Requiem holds a special place in my heart too as it was the first complete level set I ever downloaded, way back whenever the hell it was.

Best-of-all-time threads are the only type that amuse me on dw anymore, I love em, wish they'd get more participation.

Scuba Steve said:

Mutated Marines? Where were those?

so thats the ticket.

As for best of, i'm an ACE fan so Batman doom and ZanZan get my vote. (ZanZan especially if your looking to see some great art)

shotgunmasacre2 said:

I am sorry I didnt think of the fact that it was to make some people mad. I will take that into consideratio on the next thread that I post.

?? I'm not mad, just saying I find these things kinda pointless usually, but that's just my useless opinion. I suppose in this case there's a chance you can pick up on a WAD you might have missed; that's probably why I clicked on it in the first place.

Okay, sorry I misinterperated the meaning of your reply. But I do thank you for the constructive feedback so that I can take this to heart with any other threads I start. And thanks Grazza for that link to play MM. Now its time to beat another wad on UV ;)