Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

A Megawad for 2006 (1monster) [Finished]

Have an all-new monster in Map32: Commander Keen.

Like, make him attack and shit...just use the old sprites from the original games.

=( But I thought having an army of angry Commander Keens coming after you would be a good Easter Egg for Map32...

Yeah...just give my fish giant fangs and the ability to spit BFG9000 shots at you...

The only way to stop them is to find the gigantic tin of Spam hidden deep within the DOOMWorld base and destroy it!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can also do Map30 for this project if necessary...I have a really good idea for it.

Dr. Zin said:

5. The project begins now. The due date is November 1st. Don't be late.

Maps we have slated out so far:

Map##   - Map Name (Monster Name)		- Author (Code)		- Music

Map    	- The Dead Maker (Trooper) 		- Use3D (US)		-
Map    	- Trooper Trauma (Trooper) 		- Dutch Devil (DD)	-
Map    	- (Sarge/Shot) 				- RoneKyakone (RK)	-
Map 	- Impse (Imp) 				- DemonDemon (IS)	-
Map	- (Imp)					- Torn (TO)		-
Map	- (Demon)				- Jodwin (JOD)		-
Map	- (Demon)				- Liberation (none)	-
Map 	- (Spectre) 				- Dr_Ian (LOL)		-
Map 	- Fear Itself (Spectre) 		- Job (none)		-
Map    	- Zumma (Chain Gun Bob)         	- Macro11_1 (none)	-
Map    	- Shooting Gallery (Chain Gun Bob)  	- DLD (DLD) 		- TNTM11
Map    	- Mission IMPossible (Imp) 		- Combustable (CM)	- kaiser_14
Map 	- (Sarge/Shot)				- Sausage (SSG)		-
Map 	- (Baron)				- Kochipahk (none)	-
Map 	- (Fatso)				- Nuxius (NU)		-
Map 	- (Baron)			- Sausage (SSG)		-
Map  	- Elements of Pain (Pain Elemental) 	- Craigs (none)		-
Map15  	- Artifical Pain (Pain Elemental) 	- The Dark Archon (TDA)	-
Map   	- (Hell Knight)		 		- Cycloid (none)	-
Map    	- Bony Encounter (Revenant) 		- Nebula-Kristian (PSY)	-
Map 	- Cyberswat (Cyber Demon) 		- pcrof (CB)		-
Map 	- (Revenant) 				- Psycho Siggi (PS)	-
Map 	- (Arch-Vile) 				- Jimi (007)  		-
Map   	- Knightmire (Hell Knight) 		- Lutarez (none)	- AVM21
Map    	- Cacophony (Cacodemon) 	       	- Ichor (42)		- D_E1M7
Map 	- Cracked Up (Cacodemon)		- Sausage (SSG)		-
Map	- (Spider Boss)                 	- Uncle 80 (none)	-
Map    	- Temple of the Arch-Vile (Arch-Vile) 	- Torn (TO)		-
Map30	- Icon of Ouch (Icon of Sin + CD)      	- DLD (DLD)     	-
Map31	- Pulse (Arachnotron) 		       	- Dr. Zin (DZ)		-
Map32*  - Castle Dorkenstein (SS Wolfie)     	- Dutch Devil (DD) 	- Wolf3DT6
Remaining Mapslots: 1 (Fatso)

Used Monsters:

2x Trooper
2x Sarge/Shot
2x Chain Gun Bob
3x Imp
2x Demon
2x Spectre
2x Pain Elemental
1x Fatso
2x Hell Knight
2x Baron
2x Revenant
2x Cacodemon
1x Arachnotron
2x Arch-Vile
1x Spider Boss
2x Cyber Demon
1x Icon of Sin
1x SS Wolfie

I really want to do Map30...so if that's okay with you, Dr. Zin, I'll slate myself for it. I have a great idea for it that'd really give this project a unique ending.

I'll use this post for the official list of maps. Anybody who's submitted a map I'll mark with a *. Also, anybody who hasn't given a name and specific map number for their submission, could you please do so? It'd make the list a lot easier to read if every entry has the same format.

Oh yes, I can also manage the "CWLIVxx" graphics, as it'd be best if they were all of the same format.

Also, if nobody assigns specific music to their level and doesn't specafy that they want the regular DOOM ][ music for their level, I can pick the music for it too, as (from what I've been told by most people who've played my stuff) I'm very good at picking perfect music tracks for levels.

If you guys want I can manage the main Wadfile, so if you're done your map, you can send it to me (along with the map name and the music track you want [or simply include the track in the wad yourself]). I'm usually available on AIM or MSN most of the day.

If you're not fine with this, Dr. Zin, just let me know and I'll request this post be deleted.

Construction is going a little slow, but here's a shot of a recently completed hallway near the beginning.

As for the music, I'll be using "grover.mid" from Hexen. I blame map21 of Alien Vendetta for that idea.

Dr. Zin said:

Using voodoo dolls and Boom currents would let you do anything that crushers and monsters would before.

And Jimi, Commander Keen is not a real enemy

Could still be done. Not in the same traditional manner, but an all-Keens map is certainly a possibility.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Scythe 28, where there is a limited amount of time to complete the map (voodoo doll crusher). For an all-Keen map the idea would be that the exit uses the 666 trigger, and you would have to find and destroy all Keens (probably best done via switches that activate crushers/barrels) and exit before you get squished ...

Or, as I said, have fun with DEHACKED and the original Keen sprites to make a true Commander Keen enemy.

Also, make the music the one from "Halo of wonders", a favorite WAD of mine, AKA: Journey to Silius level 3. Pretty good NES game, as well as the music.

DLD said:

Or, as I said, have fun with DEHACKED and the original Keen sprites to make a true Commander Keen enemy.

For the umpteenth time this thread, someone said:

THERE WILL BE NO NEW MONSTERS IN THIS PROJECT.

Modification == new in this case.

Yes, TDA, I know. A Keen map with the Voodoo doll idea sounds pretty funny though...kudos to anyone who pulls it off properly.

I also need specific map numbers that aren't already taken from DemonDemon, Nuxius, Psycho Siggi, and Jimi, plus map names from DemonDemon, Nuxuis, Psycho Siggi, Jimi, and Dr. Zin.

Finally, I'd really like to slate myself for Map30 (I have a couple of workable ideas), so if nobody minds...

I also think that I should probably be moved up from map06, because i'm suddenly wanting to use hordes of imps, which might be too hard for being so early.

Aside from the "Special" Maps (15, 30, 31, 32), I could select map order upon recieving submissions to best order the maps according to theme and difficulty, so gameplay will be at least somewhat consistant.

Sound cool?

BTW, I'm still up for managing the main wad itself, if that's okay with everybody.

Work on my Map has begun. It allready has 512 linedefs and Two Cyberdemons. The first Cyberdemon you must try to beat with a SSG and 50 shells, plus 15 pistol shots. Then you are given a plasma gun in which you should defeat the next Cyber. More harder battles will occur as you progress further.

The style of the map is a BROWN1 or BROWN96, METAL theme with a John W. Anderson touch to it. Dr. Sleep style GARG doors, Metal light supports and Skin Symbols will be used throughout the map. Its a style of level that I seem to be liking more often as you have seen in some areas in DT3.

I'm not sure if I'm going to include any new music with the map just yet. I will tell you if so and that is a possibility. I will probably include a new sky with the map, pehaps the Dr. Sleep night sky.

TheDarkArchon said:

Ok. What map slot do you want?

Don't really care. I just want the spiderdemon. Maybe a map slot somewhere between 15 - 30 would fit. I think I'll be going for a "war" approach. :D

EDIT: A tiny question... Can I use stuff like Keen Dolls or the Head-on-stick for special effects, or do those count as monsters since they can be killed (although I think they ought not to)?

EDIT 2: * MAP 17 *... Not taken yet, is it? (I don't have a name yet)

Some statistics of my map so far:
-6025 vertices
-6608 linedefs
-10721 sidedefs
-910 sectors

Map is going have the following weapons:shotgun, ssg, rlauncher, chaingun.
90% done now working on the last parts of this map.

TheDarkArchon said:

Uncle: Romero's head and Commander Keen count as enemies.

Damnit. Oh well, I'll have to think of some creative puzzles not including those two, then. Shouldn't be much of a problem anyway.
The first 10 or so rooms are about finished. :o

What I'm going to do for now is just have people (aside from the "special" maps) on a list with no specific map number.

If I'm still managing the main WAD itself, then I'll arrange the maps when I have all of them according to theme and/or difficulty.

If pcrof's map is as hard as it sounds, it'll be something like Map28 or 29.

I will add you to the list, Uncle.